MotoGP » R.I.P. Marco

The Bradley Smith column is brought to you with the help of
Optimum – Value Through Procurement

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Rob#46 - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 7:07 PM

Get well soon Brad.
Looking forward to you steppin' it up next year.
I think you made a wise choice to stay in Moto2, a great and competitive class with full a full grid.
It's also good that you will have the chance to once again, go head to head with Marques. A very bright talent and rival for your future. Good luck!

Rob Clarke - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 7:07 PM

Bradley again shows how he is maturing and sums up how racing is everything to these guys.

Marco will be remembered as a Great even though tragically his career was far too short.

Jules, the guys had to get Marco to the ambulance for emergency treatment to try to save his life as per the protocol - please see the comments from Paolo explaining what happened. Just a pity that MotoGP does not use an ambulance that can race down the track (as Silverstone does).

BC - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 9:05 PM

A truely sensitively written blog, always a good read. Although you still have a good few seasons left, I do hope you will become a commentator after you have finished enjoying yourself and entertaining us. The best we have had on the Beeb by far keep up the good work and hope to see you on track in a week.

Maurice

October 26, 2011 9:51 PM

I tuned in to Eurosport at 10am, heard Toby's announcement and went online to learn of what turned out to be a truly horrible event.

The 125s were on in the background but I paid little attention and I just didn't have the stomach to watch Moto2.

Sorry to miss your commentary Bradley but I'm looking forward now to 2012.

BambangBikeRider

October 26, 2011 11:27 PM

Found this

25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr ltjc0zIw0Y1qddgrso1 500.jpg

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish profanity#Mierda

(fill the space with underscore)

I really, really hope this is just a misunderstanding.

Please, if anyone knows what's going on...

TheKingofHB

October 27, 2011 12:36 AM

Yes Bambangbikeride, KevG17 is right. I think he wrote that as soon as the accident happened out of shock. Who didn't think that?

Thank you Bradley for The insight you give all of us armchair fans. It's great to get the perspective of someone so embedded in the sport.

I do think that they should have a MotoGp Marshall team that travels the world with the series. I know the current track marshalls are trying their best, but after seeing Kato slung onto a stretcher, and Tomizawa and Simoncelli dropped I think it's time to have a professional team who can provide optimal care for the riders.

« 1 2