MotoGP » Simoncelli's father: Marco was a warrior

"Marco was a warrior. He never gave up... that's why he didn't try to leave the bike." - Paolo Simoncelli.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

On His Way - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 8:14 PM

Just a few weeks ago, I opened the box that contained his new replica helmet that I bought and now, here I am at work totally stunned and disinterested in what I need to be doing, just so consumed by this- walking around shaking my head with a lump in my throat and a pit in my stomach, I feel like I have lost a friend though I have never met him. You can't help but view all of these men, regardless of age, as your heros, doing what you wish you were able to do. God Bless you Marco, your mom and dad,as well as Colin and Vale. I can't imagine what they saw and were a part of - assumed risk or not.

Garfi - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 8:26 PM

I feel for Kate....you have lost your lover and best friend...there will never be any kind of replacment, but time will fill the hole...my thoughts are with you ...

bri t

October 26, 2011 8:39 PM

Goose bumps. YOU (know where) "Marco Simoncelli's Rescuers Fall With Stretcher" You can see his dad near the end on this side of the barrier. Oh again goose bumps as he is only a second away from finding his son dead as he describes in this artice.

SHEENE7

October 26, 2011 8:53 PM

I still can't believe Marco has actually gone,it doesn't seem real and I wish it wasn't.I'm not sure what else I can say other than he was the best thing to happen in Moto GP for the last couple of years and will be sorely missed by the rest of us.To his family,friends and girlfriend,my thoughts are with you all.Moto GP and motorsport in general has lost a great racer and great man and things won't be the same again in Moto GP.RIP Marco Simoncelli.

JOHN - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 9:19 PM

I have the very, very greatest of respect what Marco's father says here but I have to concede it makes for truly grim and harrowing reading. What I have less respect for is how fallen riders are treated afterwards - i.e they are almost thrown onto stretchers which are then, it seems, left to fall (Its not been the first time Ive read this...) My most sincere condolences to Paolo and Marco's family and fiancee. RIP Marco. MotoGP will not be the same without you

CrApPy DaYs - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 10:51 PM

Sadly i know all too well what losing a child is all about and the memory and pain never ever go's away.

True words spoken from a true genuine family. God rest you Marco and god bless your Family/friends R.I.P Super Sic #58 xx

tank - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 11:13 PM

lovley,

makes me sad reading it, but also makes me smile
at some of the comments from his dad and girlfriend.

like Simo said "thats racing"

i will never forget you SuperSic.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »