MotoGP » Simoncelli's father: Marco was a warrior

"Marco was a warrior. He never gave up... that's why he didn't try to leave the bike." - Paolo Simoncelli.

El Pedro

October 26, 2011 11:22 PM

It's easy to see from Marco's family and friends why he was so personal with his fans. Always willing to give up a minute here or there for a quick photo or an autograph and always smiling. They should be very proud of the boy they raised. He was something very very special.

El Pedro

October 26, 2011 11:27 PM

Now what's with all the low life's disagreeing to the posts? Do you have no soul or just so much hate inside you that you must make other people more miserable? How about you show some constraint and respect for a fallen star and his grieving family and fans.

Crash, I've seen it asked for here before and it's about time you did the right thing on all Simoncelli posts and remove the disagree option. It is distasteful and disrespectful! Either that or make everyone register so we can out these hateful people.

not a dude - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 11:47 PM

Oh Paolo! We will miss your son too!!Still crying after 4 days!!Your family has loved Simo so completely...he knows(knew) it too.My family and I are still in shock of your loss as we only saw Marco race in Phillip Island last week..like everyone has said we feel like he is part of the family as we see every race and practice all year. God does takes the best and now Simo is with him with no pain but total love up in heaven.We will always remember Marco's funeral today as its my son's 23rd birthday...a year younger then Simo.SAD!Thanks CRASH!

AussieSportFreak - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 11:51 PM

Im a out n out stoner fan but loved the colour that Simoncelli put into motogp he was a young guy who had all the skill in the world and wasnt afraid to back him self in any position on the track which may of upset some people but thats what racing is about to use a quote 1 of my fav movie's"if your not 1st your last"and just watching him i think he might of gave them that line for the movie.His family should be so proud of the way they raised him my heart goes out to them.R.I.P Simoncelli from motogp fans down under

BTW this link on aussie news feed i was watching of them dropping sic is just appalling www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/motor/shocking-footage-of-italian-rider-marco-simoncelli-being-dropped-by-medical-staff-after-crash-at-malaysian-motogp/story-e6frey5r-1226177909924

justsayin - Unregistered

October 26, 2011 11:56 PM

Remember Lady Di passing in Paris....Simo's passing is one of those...what were you doing moments!! Us trying to enjoy my husbands birthday to a nice meal and cheering all the Moto GP riders on TV..sure put a damper to dinner...we will miss Marco #58 as its the year my husband was born!!
Farewell Marco!!!Godbless Simo family!

Tom - Unregistered

October 27, 2011 12:03 AM

Not a day has passed since the premature taking of a future Moto GP champion that I have not sat and wept for the loss of such a great talent and indeed such a young man.
My Impression of Marco was that of a young man seeking the approval of his fellow racers and his hero. He achieved where others failed, made up for the apparent lack of updates that main Honda riders benefited from, with pure guts and a willingness to succeed.
Unfortunately on occasion this brought criticism from some riders, who may have forgotten that at one time or another, they were new to the podiums of Moto GP and equally eager to achieve the respect of others. One could no doubt pull out footage from races of others who clearly were considered far too eager on occasion.

I first had the pleasure of seeing Marco during his career in 250's and commented at the time that he would without doubt be the Moto GP finest champion, I can remember remarking that both Marco and Sebastian Vettle (F1) had a very similar mi

jes - Unregistered

October 27, 2011 1:50 AM

some beautifull comments posted by pretty much everyone on this site, everyone criticised Marco at some point, but deep down we all loved this guy..

john donne - Unregistered

October 27, 2011 2:57 AM

Beautiful words from Marco's mom:

Simoncelli's mother Rosella added: "We just helped him do what he loved. If you don't follow your heart life is full of regrets and Marco certainly didn't have any. He has left us with some great memories and we are proud of him."

Dan R - Unregistered

October 27, 2011 3:07 AM

I am so happy to have shaken Marcos hand once. As someone else said here, we watch these guys practice and race every weekend, And i have been lucky enough to have meet Marco a couple of times here in Australia.
Yes, even though all of us here dont share a meal with these guys, (All the racers) we do know them very well, and yes, it does fell like we have all lost a freind.
I have shed a few tears along with my wife who watches most races with me (she is usually doing the ironing!). It makes me feel good to read these posts with you all that feel the same way as me.
I would like to thank Marcos family and girlfreind for such wonderful healing words

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »