MotoGP » Friends, rivals salute Simoncelli at funeral ceremony

Family, fans, friends and rivals say a final farewell to MotoGP star Marco Simoncelli.

JOHN - Unregistered

October 27, 2011 7:44 PM

I am doing this comment with an emotional heavy heart and don't really know what to say.

I would like to have been there (at funeral)

MotoGP will simply not be MotoGP without you Marco

RIP and Godspeed to your family

Ninou - Unregistered

October 27, 2011 8:03 PM

Still welling up regularly thinking of Marco, reading about him or seeing pictures of him.

Still have a hard time realizing that he is gone.

Saw the funeral on the internet. Very touching. His family is so strong and dignified.

It was nice to see Lorenzo there. There were also a lot of other riders like De Puniet, Gibernau, Dovizioso...

I don't think the welling up will subside until after the last race in Valencia.

Ciao Marco! Already missing you tremendously even though I hardly can bring myself to realize that you are gone.

Rip super sic - Unregistered

October 27, 2011 8:13 PM

Ive never been so gutted over the death of a sportsman

Going on the bbc website to check up on the football scores and seeing a link saying 'marco simoncelli has died at the malaysian grand prix'... I though wtf this cant be right what kind of sick joke is this, alas it was true

RIP super sic

al t - Unregistered

October 27, 2011 8:21 PM

Having read all the comments since Marco's death, posted on various sites, it would be nice if all these comments that show such strong respect for Marco could be printed in a book of condolence and forwarded to the family.I think that it is evident from what all the riders have said, that Marco is missed by all,some may not have attended, but as others have said,people show their respects in different ways.Rest in peace.

YamahaGYTR

October 27, 2011 8:56 PM

Saw his funeral and it bought a tear to the eye it was great to see the past and present of MotoGP paying their respects you will never be forgotten Marco.

Ciao Super Sic #58.

FastEddie - Unregistered

October 27, 2011 9:29 PM

Still can't come to terms we will not see you again, have had tears in eye's all week ! moto gp needed you far more than you will ever know, the people in or on grandstands/grass banks etc around the world will miss you so much. Massive sympathy to family and friends, Ciao Marco
RIP #58

Havik - Unregistered

October 27, 2011 10:01 PM

I remember seeing Marco when I first started watching MotoGP as a kid (so yes, I'm very young) and I just thought he was the greatest thing. He had style, he was charming, he was ridiculously fast.
So he was a household name when I was growing up and it felt like he'd always be there. I thought Sic was invincible, in a way.
So for somebody who rarely cries, I found myself weeping all week.
Ciao, Sic. We love you.

Patrick D - Unregistered

October 27, 2011 10:34 PM

Lorenzo doesn't need to feel bad about his disagreements. Nor Dani. We disagree with people in life, and dying doesn't change that. I always felt that they had respect for the guy, but like all of us, that don't mean they're always right. My opinions of Marco and his actions on the track will never change. Some of his moves were outrageous. But he was an asset to the sport, and the outstanding participant this year. for the wrong reasons, perhaps, but he was the guy my friends were talking about every Monday morning. How he was going to turn out was the debate, but no one expected this. I suppose that for anyone to win a World Championship means surfing close to the edge. How close, we found out at the weekend.

tank - Unregistered

October 27, 2011 11:32 PM

"Lorenzo signed the book of remembrance with the words "I'll always remember you. Forgive me for having argued with you."

im sure he would Jlo,