MotoGP » Friends, rivals salute Simoncelli at funeral ceremony

Family, fans, friends and rivals say a final farewell to MotoGP star Marco Simoncelli.

mick - Unregistered

October 28, 2011 2:08 AM

No doubt Casey Stoner had valid reason for not attending the funeral - bear in mind his family lives at Australia - could be anything sickness in family - No doubt Casey would have apologized for not attending the funeral and passed on his condolences to Marko family.

Ausrossi

October 28, 2011 3:02 AM

Yep stayed up until 2am watchin through La Repubblica website. While I am very sad that Sic is gone I am happy that he was here in the first place, and I am happy in that I am sad, because the world seems to be getting colder and harder and I am happy that I have shed a tear for someone I admired but never knew personally. I am happy that someone can have that effect on me.

Felt sorry that Rossi had to depart before the end it says alot about him that he knew his presence would detract from the focus on Sic and so made a quiet exit. The man is quality.

As for Stoner, did anyone think that maybe he was not invited. It is a small church and Sic was boyfriend, son, cousin or friend to more than just MotoGP. Sic's Dad pulling Dovi in for a hug was a nice touch, when Dovi seemed tentative (given they were not close).

Nana Linda

October 28, 2011 3:15 AM

*** A Golden Heart stopped beating ***
Two smiling eyes at rest
God broke our hearts to prove to us
** HE ONLY TAKES THE BEST **

RIP. Marco #58

**************************************************

Carmen Centennial Jr.

October 28, 2011 4:15 AM

I haven't came to or posted since this young man's life was lost. It is sad and depressing. I need to know what happened? How did his helmet come off? Is traction control and computers making the sport dangerous? Its just damn sad that things like this happen, and to people that are genuine and honest.

motogpfan82 - Unregistered

October 28, 2011 5:44 AM

"pure driving, pure racing, that's what makes me happy." Ayrton Senna

I think that sums up Marco's feelings toward this sport. RIP Marco, race in Heaven with the grate's.

#58 FOREVER

Moe - Unregistered

October 28, 2011 7:21 AM

Marco Simoncelli was someone who I would have loved to have met. He seemed like such a great person. From doing his best to speak English to trying to shake Dani Pedrosa's hand (after the incident where Dani crashed out) to where he made a joke about being arrested when Jorge Lorenzo criticized him for his dangerous riding. Hats off to Jorge for asking for forgiveness for arguing with him. He too is a true gentleman... R.I.P. Super Sic.

Sump Rat

October 28, 2011 9:02 AM

R.I.P. Super Sic.

@ Carmen centennial Junior

Very hard to say, from what I saw on the tele it was one of those moment where the bike slides and grips, slides & grips again. it looked as if Simmo had lost his balance and slipped a little to the inside of the bike. on TV Marco came back onto the screen from the left turning sharply to the right and was hit by Colin Edwards and V. Rossi. both of whom had nowhere to go.

AMCN quote Wayne Rainey who says "..the bike keeping him pinned & just going across. he was stuck under the bike, it must have had just enough angle to where the tires would still grip. he was pinned under it where he couldn't get out from under it.It kept coming around on him & kept pinning him. "

The sport is danger it always has been it always will be.

Die young & stay gorgeous.

EDIT by CRASH.NET! Unsubstantiated accusation removed.

RG500 - Unregistered

October 28, 2011 9:20 AM

What a tragedy to loose one so young and full of promise.His family and loved ones have conducted themselves with such dignity and obvious pride no wonder Marco was such a superb guy.Marco you will be sadly missed R.I.P.

roadking03 - Unregistered

October 28, 2011 9:40 AM

They say that only the good die young....He was one of the best!!!God needed another excellent rider to add to His team...You will be missed by many across the world #58 RIDE ON in the hearts of millions...Prayers out to family and friends

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »