MotoGP » Friends, rivals salute Simoncelli at funeral ceremony

Family, fans, friends and rivals say a final farewell to MotoGP star Marco Simoncelli.

canseemore

October 28, 2011 10:18 AM

Watched yesterday keeping my composure until my 3yr old and 2yr old asked why super sic was gone, hardest damn thing to do. Whole family missing him, we can only imagine how his family feel just hope everyone's good thoughts can help. Always remember you Marco ciao. Lyndon, Lesa, Mallory and Kirby.

Sam46 - Unregistered

October 28, 2011 10:31 AM

I don't know why but even after years of watching racing and seeing accidents happen and people not surviving, this one has affected me the most. RIP Super Sic x

Aussie - Unregistered

October 28, 2011 10:33 AM

I cannot think of any words to say to Marco's parents only to quote the great composer Irving Berlin "The song has ended but the melody will live forever"
R.I.P. Marco and thanks for the great memories

Gazspurs46 - Unregistered

October 28, 2011 11:16 AM

People that don't follow the sport will not understand the huge feeling of loss this week. Unlike any other other sports we follow these people as kids from 125 to teenagers of 250/Moto2 to young men and superstars of MotoGP.

When Sunday morning happened not only did we lose the brightest young talent in the sport we also lost a lovely, caring rockstar on 2 wheels!

Having been there round Europe to see Marco win I, like I'm sure many others have feel like you've lost a friend.

Time will heal, new people will come I'm sure, but for me when those lights go out on Sunday at 1pm MotoGP will never be the same.

RIP Bigman x 58
EDIT by CRASH.NET:
Fixed spelling on a very nice post.

TGB

October 28, 2011 1:03 PM

I have so much respect for his family and friends.
Nice to read all the comments from fellow racers, sportsmen and fans, and the little tributes to him people have done are really touching.

RIP Simo

Maroc - Unregistered

October 28, 2011 2:32 PM

Still cant believe this Guy that has added so much colour and presence to MotoGP over the past couple of years is gone, difficult to accept.

R.I.P Marco