MotoGP » Friends, rivals salute Simoncelli at funeral ceremony

Family, fans, friends and rivals say a final farewell to MotoGP star Marco Simoncelli.

ads.tay - Unregistered

October 28, 2011 9:24 PM

ciao marco , rip peace gd luck up there trying to understand joeys irish , thanks for the entertainment marco you gave my family more entertainment than any of the corporate drones riding of into the distance!

demi-god - Unregistered

October 29, 2011 1:39 AM

A great personality and a fast and strong pilot. I really still can't believe your gone Marco. Every time I throw my leg over my bike I will think of you, or watch a motogp race. You were great and a hero of mine. I hope to meet you on the other side RIP super sic.

Havik - Unregistered

October 29, 2011 5:27 AM

@Gazspurs46, I loved your comment, hit the nail on the head with that one.
I was appalled to see videos of Marco's crash on "news" websites that never gave a toss about MotoGP until now: like Marco's death was simply a sensational story for them to pick up and discard when the shock value wore off.

People who never watched the sport, understood or cared about it just don't understand. And it really does feel like we've lost a friend.

Rossi Stoned - Unregistered

October 29, 2011 12:17 PM

This tragedy has changed my perspective of Motogp and the riders. All the petty bickering that went on previously seems to have stopped. I have great respect for all the riders and what they do. To see the respect shown to Marco by some of the riders is very touching. It's ironic that the most critical of the riders such as Jorge and Dovi were not only present, but seem to be missing Marco as much as the people closer to him. It's a very sad situation, but I think the whole Motogp family will be a lot closer from now on....I'll certainly think twice about criticizing any of them...RIP Marco you will never be forgotten...

NutBallRacer

October 29, 2011 3:50 PM

Oddly though it might seem to some, the positive of all this is an emphasis on what is perhaps more important than the racing, and that is the camaraderie of the competitors. These terrible events will draw all the participants and others, even the fans, closer together, increasing mutual respect and understanding.

danny1 - Unregistered

October 29, 2011 4:06 PM

Jorge's entry in the book too me sums it up in life we shouldnt argue and hold grudges as it may be too late to make things right and i know it would be eating away at Jorge and Danni that they were on not great terms with Marco before his death im sure they regret the petty arguments now this is why whenever i would get on a bike i would go shake hands with everyone and wish them goodluck cause you just never know

Neil - Unregistered

October 29, 2011 4:17 PM

Ciao Marco
I remember the same hollow feeling when watching F1 lose Ayrton Senna. He wasn't necessarily a favourite but you could not help admire his genius, like Sic who was not necessarily a favourite but you could not help admire his desire and his personality, in that respect he was a favourite.
That hollow feeling never really disappears and I think that is a mark of respect and acknowledgement that we are priveleged for having them as a part of our life.
It pains me to say that in a time of sadness that a few still take shots at other riders. Casey may not have been at the funeral, don't forget he has a young pregnant wife, current & pending family. You can bet they are grieving. Let it go - We don't know why he was not there and now is not the time to be making such comments.
Go in peace and with dignity Marco you will be missed.

« 5 6 7 8 9 10  »