MotoGP » Stoner: Racing is best way to honour Simoncelli

"We will go out there this weekend and try to put on a good show for all the fans and especially in memory of Marco" – Casey Stoner.

robsee - Unregistered

November 01, 2011 6:35 PM

I like his Fathers idea of a minute of noise. In fact I like it so much that I think we should all join in. I presume the vast majority of us have at least 1 bike, so get it warmed up on Sunday switch on the T.V. and when (if) they do the minute, go outside and rev the 7175 of it. Just think, if we all did that, around the World, theyd probably hear it in Valencia.
Personally, Im going to get the whole family involved coz Im lucky enough to have 5 bikes. I think maybe wreck a tyre as well. Ciao Marco.

Danimal - Unregistered

November 01, 2011 9:57 PM

I know the shovels of dirt loaded on top of him ain't hard yet but what's up with that factory ride who's gonna git it, Hopper, Bautista or some wildcard candidate.
?

Mr. Kruger - Unregistered

November 01, 2011 10:02 PM

@ Danimal

As far as it was reported Marco was not buried but cremated and the family took the earn with his ashes home and they have him at home. His father says that he hugs "him" sometimes when his grief is the most painful to make himself better. Touching to say the least...

Ausrossi

November 02, 2011 2:06 AM

While I think people on here know I am not a Stoner fan, however, I thought this was a point at which we could all put these kind stupid statements behind us. Maybe he didn't go because they had limited space, he wasn't invited, he has a pregnant wife or simply he felt that there were others closer to Simo who should be there ahead of him. It is most digusting that people would draw this conclusion. Yes state opinions on Casey for his behaviour sometimes even going forward, but I think sitatuio this is him be honest and genuine, and you seriously need to take a look at yourself.

Sukhoi 46

November 02, 2011 2:28 AM

I'm a racing fan, and I feel very sorry for the recent deaths of Dan and Marco. I admire their love and passion for the sport.

EDIT by CRASH.NET - This is a motorcycle sports forum, wider political issues can be discussed elsewhere.

Grendlehop

November 02, 2011 2:31 AM

Just wanted to say thank you to you all for being there for me and others who mourn the loss of such a unique human being. I pretty much keep to myself, which makes this harder to deal with. My few friends don't follow GP and say they understand, but this place has been my sole refuge as of late. Again, THANKS for the support. Simo, you and yours are in my thoughts & prayers.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »