MotoGP » Stoner: Racing is best way to honour Simoncelli

"We will go out there this weekend and try to put on a good show for all the fans and especially in memory of Marco" – Casey Stoner.

pukka - Unregistered

November 02, 2011 3:22 AM

There are times when this would be look at as the absolutely wrong thing to do, but I think they've got it right. Simo was the consummate racer and I think he would be proud knowing a weekend of racing was being done in his honour.

McLarenP - Unregistered

November 02, 2011 8:28 AM

@ Robsee, Go for it!! I don't actually own a bike of my own, but you can be sure I will be making one helluva noise in my living room!! I'm going to shout and let rip big style !!!

Don-R

November 02, 2011 12:14 PM

@ Parsons

"Can anyone confirm whether the 1 minute noise is going ahead this weekend in honour of Marco?"

According to commentator Julian Ryder, TV station Sky Italia have announced that it is. I hope it does because it would be a more unique and fitting tribute to #58 than 1 min of silence.

dacron

November 02, 2011 12:16 PM

i have managed to learn a lot through this tragedy , and with this knowledge i am now ready to let my heart go to my throat once again and enjoy the riders giving there all just the way sic liked it , the way they all like it , and how i like it....there is no better tribute.

dmelb

November 02, 2011 2:02 PM

A few things have been put into perspective for me after Marco's death. I will never criticise Valentino for not riding hard enough on the Duke. I believe him when he says he's tried his best to get the results. I would be very saddened to see him suffer a serious injury or worse.

I am going to enjoy MotoGP and Motosport in general without the need to be overly critical of any of the drivers. Many of them are well paid, but they put life and limb on the line for it - in the end, it doesn't matter how much money you have, you can't take it to the grave.

27 - Unregistered

November 02, 2011 7:27 PM

Don't believe Stoner!

I feel sorry for Casey and can only imagine how he must feel after always speaking of Marco in the past with Venom.

Edit all you want Crash but you know it and we know it!
EDIT by CRASH.NET: