MotoGP » Dovizioso 'empty' after loss of 'great rival' Simoncelli

"I have raced with Marco throughout my whole career, he was 'the rival' and now that he is no longer with us, he has left a big void and I want to convert this feeling of emptiness to determination" – Andrea Dovizioso.

McLarenP - Unregistered

November 01, 2011 11:55 AM

It's not just you that feels "empty" Dovi, we all do! Valencia will be so emotional, I think everyone there or watching will feel the same - gutted, totally gutted!

58 - Unregistered

November 01, 2011 12:15 PM

left a lump in my throat reading that.

i think its going to take a very long time for riders and even fan to get over this. but we will never forget.

slaper - Unregistered

November 01, 2011 12:25 PM

Damn you Dovi, made my eyes water reading that.

Dovi is going to miss #58 sitting on his rear tyer and making those tight passes on the inside. the Dovi v Simo battles is what made motogp not boring.

samas

November 01, 2011 1:15 PM

There are some people who will always have a place in your heart, and for me Simo was one of those people, I am still in shock.
I have not been so distressed since the death of Joey Dunlop.
The last GP rider I mourned like this was Bob MacIntyre.

Bluey - Unregistered

November 01, 2011 2:33 PM

for sure everyone, it's gonna be difficult to watch Sunday without getting emotional. still, can't wait for the race. they'll race in honour if Simo, and i'll watch in honour of Simo. Bring it on.

whynot - Unregistered

November 01, 2011 3:03 PM

everyime i read something about simoncelli just makes me very emotional he was held in such high regard but all his friends family and for me who didnt know him personally you cant help but love the guy for his effort, pure ability and honesty, what a guy. it really is gonna be hard to watch this weekend but its all in his honour which is great and i bet he will be smiling from ear to ear up there and telling rossi 'go on, make that move'

Cubikrube

November 01, 2011 4:11 PM

TBH i have been avoiding looking at the comments for over a week now. This is the first time i have read an article on his passing in a week or so. I still have last weeks MCN but can't face reading it.
Glad i never saw the accident, my wife did and i got up late and we were going to watch together, soon as she told me the last thing i wanted to do was see it. Have found some peoples morbid fascination around seeing the incident quite disturbing but i guess we all have our own way of dealing with things.
We also lost a sidecar rider Dave Wells over the weekend and i know the driver Roy Hanks...just seems like it is never going to end and for the first time in my life i cannot wait for the bike season to end.
Let's hope next year has a lot less tragedy...

wadcutter - Unregistered

November 01, 2011 4:28 PM

Its going to be a tough weekend especially for the riders that were close to Marco. Maybe Dovi wasn't his best mate but he had respect and deep down enjoyed the battles, they were both Racers.
He'll still be there somewhere Dovi pushing you to go faster, you know he didn't settle for half measures!!
KEEP HER PINNED!