MotoGP » Moto2: Pirro takes emotional win for Gresini

Michele Pirro claims a popular first Moto2 World Championship victory for Gresini, two weeks after the death of the team's MotoGP rider Marco Simoncelli.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

MM - Unregistered

November 06, 2011 12:21 PM

Maximum respect to Pirro. Winning from the front in those exceptionally tricky conditions, especially after seeing his team mate go down heavily in the lead, was a remarkable ride and the emotion for the whole Gresini team was incredible. So glad he got the chance to stand on the top of the podium and do Simoncelli proud. Glad to hear Takahashi is relatively OK. Looked like he must have been heavily concussed at least.

Stu - Unregistered

November 06, 2011 12:26 PM

The end to that race brought a tear to my eye. Amazing. I can honestly say I've never wanted to rider to win more than Pirro.
Just a shame for Takahashi.

luzija

November 06, 2011 12:32 PM

Great season ending for Bradl, I guess since he is already crowned champion he doesn't need to prove anything. I am sorry, but I can't help feeling that Marquez would be a champion if he wasn't furt in Sepang. Anyway, congratulations to Stefan for winning the championship, it's nice gesture from him to dedicate title to Super Sic and I'm already hardly waiting for the beginning of next Moto2 season. Great race for Michele Pirro, Mika Kallio, Dominique Aegerter, Kenny Noyes, Yonny Hernandez and Anthony West. Also I hope that Yuki Takahashi is OK, that crash looked nasty and we don't need no more bad news this year. Biggest respect to Pirro and Fausto Gresini.

IRONHORSE - Unregistered

November 06, 2011 4:10 PM

Casey man of the season deffo... but man of the weekend and ride of the season for me MICHELE PIRRO.. pulled it off for gresini and marco against,what must have looked like impossible odds... 1st pole ... 1 win... when its never matered more .... absolutley superhuman effort , to dedicate the win to marco ... MICHELE PIRRO ..U THE MAN...

Tommo76 - Unregistered

November 06, 2011 4:23 PM

That was just what moto gp needed. 3 fantastic races, plenty of action and changing conditions, one of the closest finishes of the season in the premier class and some real Roy of the Rovers stuff in the moto2 so glad there was action with De Angelis and Ianonne in the closing stages as I don't think I could have taken it watching Pirro for too many laps at the end. Great result and fully deserving. Wonder what odds I'd have got on Friday for that?

mal - Unregistered

November 06, 2011 10:45 PM

Best race of the year.

Battle for the poisitons 5 to 10 were just amazing. Great to see Kenny and Westy show thier talents. Disparity in team funding is always moderatered by poor weather.

Now, what to do on my weekend for the next couple of months.