MotoGP » Rossi, Simoncelli end season tied on points

Valentino Rossi ends his first MotoGP season with Ducati level on points with his late friend Marco Simoncelli.

1050cc

November 06, 2011 6:29 PM

A rider that has seen his best and a rider that was yet to see his best. A crossroad in their careers meeting at exactly the wrong point. Cheers Vale, me be a fan forever! And to Sic, will NEVER be forgotten!

Wolfie - Unregistered

November 06, 2011 6:36 PM

In a way I am pleased that Rossi and Hayden didnt finish the race to overtake Simoncelli in the point standings, it's was good to see Simoncelli's name remain sixth and higher than both Rossi and Hayden.

Top Banana!

Liam48

November 06, 2011 6:37 PM

It is nice to see Marco keep 6th. Valentino has had a tough year for so many reasons. I have so much respect for the guy for what he's had to deal with this season and I think he would not mind taking 6th off Marco. 6th or 7th doesn't really matter to him because he wants to be up front. For all the troubles he's had this season he deserves to be back up front winning and I hope he is and I can't see it being much worse than this year. Hope you come back stronger next year carrying Marco's spirit. Marco you are greatly missed. 6th doesn't reflect how much of a revelation you've been this season.

Logica - Unregistered

November 06, 2011 6:45 PM

I just can't see the logic in why stupid individuals are slacking off Rossi so much :/ At first I'm thinking ''You know what these are just kids, let them be'' but the scariest part here is that I'm slowly thinking these fools are just grown azz individuals who got major issues. Daymnn :S

SteveNG

November 06, 2011 6:50 PM

This year has been a disaster for Ducati and Rossi - the 1000s can't come soon enough for them.

I hope that Nicky is treated more equally next year, and not like a second string rider. He cops a lot of unfair criticism, but he is clearly in the top half of the MotoGP field.

It was gutsy of him to try pick the bike up to ride with his damaged wrist.

As with a lot of people here, very happy for Sic to keep sixth.

nope - Unregistered

November 06, 2011 7:35 PM

"I hope that Nicky is treated more equally next year, and not like a second string rider."

He has spent his whole career being a "2nd string rider" according to Nicky's fans. He has turned down rides where we would be a "1st string rider"... In 2006 he did great. Rossi had problems but it doesn't matter. Nicky deserved that title and everyone hated Repsol for backing Pedrosa and not appreciating what Hayden did. In 2007 all focus was on Pedrosa.

But since then, every year he comes second to his team mate, people say it is because he didn't get the same equipment as the top guy. Hate Rossi all you want, but during Stoner's time at Ducati, Hayden was equal in terms of bike. What is your excuse for him then?

Dr GP - Unregistered

November 06, 2011 9:10 PM

Just about sums up how I've felt so many times this season - GUTTED. I really thought he would run well today and out of all the riders make the most fitting tribute to Simo. Loved the helmet. Can we start a campaign for him to keep it for next year? My only hope from today is that the fire he had to do well in honour of Sic will fester over the winter and burn stronger for next season. Even if you dislike the guy surely its better to see as many great riders battling it out up the front as possible?

1 2 3 4 5  »