MotoGP » Valencia MotoGP test times - Wednesday 5pm

Valencia MotoGP test times as of 5pm on Wednesday, at the end of the second and final day.

spiesunderdog

November 09, 2011 6:02 PM

Thoughts. Im a Spies guy, but I admit Lorenzos faster and wouldve probably been right with the hondas. Bradl, Abraham and Crutchlow impressed. Edwards on his new CRT bike would've told us more about the new machines, but it ain't looking good so far. Rossi continues to struggle, he and Nicky may be in for more frustration unfortunately. IMO Stoner and Lorenzo will still be the guys to beat with Pedrosa right behind followed by my boy Spies. Disappointing that Suzuki looked so good with RDP then packed up early, I hope they choose to compete in 2012. Get well Jorge, Nicky, and Colin see you next year. RIP Marco we all miss you bad brother

rotsa ruck - Unregistered

November 09, 2011 6:03 PM

I read elsewhere that Karel and Hector are on customer versions of the new full frame Ducati. I don't remember where as I go through every site with information that I can find. Interesting observation on moto-matters that Rossi looked like his old self riding the new bike. If that's the case, he *may* finally be able to identify where the bike is weak and where it's strong. The two things one needs to be able to improve. I don't know, I'm not him and don't pretend to know what he thinks. I would imagine though, the vagueness of the carbon sub frames didn't give him the feedback he needed to make a good assessment of those two things.

Ninou - Unregistered

November 09, 2011 6:03 PM

Let's see... Rossi and Ducati have been saying all year long that they were sacrificing the current year as a testing year for next year's bike and that everything was about next year's bike. You would have thought that this would give them a headstart on everybody else who was busy actually competing in the last 800 cc championship, like honda and yamaha. Heck, they were already testing the 1000 at the very beginning of the season.

And here we are now and they are still 1.6 second from the top??? After a full year of preparing for the new bike??? And they say that this not even the bike they are going to use??? How's that for a headstart on the competition after one full year of neglecting the current championship and preparing for the next one?!

I like Rossi very much and I wish Ducati well, we need them close to the hondas and yamahas (and we also need suzuki to stay and be competitive), but seriously, it looks bad! This was TRULY a wasted year!

rotsa ruck - Unregistered

November 09, 2011 6:06 PM

Also read that Hector stated that the new Ducati feels like his old Aprilia 250 in terms of the feed back he got from it. He said he could finally feel the front end going into corners. If so, that bodes well for Ducati. Rossi stated otherwise but went on to say that now they had a traction problem so he couldn't get the power to the ground. Spies had similar remarks about the Yamaha. As for the CRTs I don't see any really fast guys on them so my feeling is that they may be capable of more....but the current riders aren't.

Little Loris - Unregistered

November 09, 2011 6:09 PM

Oh my days. You don't watch a football team on their first pre season training session and say they'll be relegated or champions. They're sorting out riding positions, seat height, foot peg alignment, tyre testing with different suspension etc. It's all so speculative. We never said Rossi was gash when he'd qualify ninth and then win the race. Let's just enjoy the fact we won't have to sit and watch 800's like Scarelextrics.

gone fishing - Unregistered

November 09, 2011 6:13 PM

@Ninou, you have just made me, as a Rossi supporter, cry even deeper into my beer. Short of a massive bail out plan, which I suggest includes jumping ship from Ducati, changing the whole factory and technical team and praying at least a thousand times a day, I am afraid it looks like another year of battling for crumbs and being shunted in first corner scraps by backmarkers and, this time, even the CRT teams! I am putting my TV on the market already.

Grandissimus - Unregistered

November 09, 2011 6:22 PM

2011, Another memorable season in the books. I for one am glad to close this particular book after all that has happened this year. Next year will be a long time getting here.

We saw Casey return to Honda and have his way with the field. We saw Rossi moving to Ducati and struggling to find the pace that came so freely in years past. We bid farewell to Capirossi after a 22 year stint at the peak of the sport. We witnessed a lot of off-track sabre rattling and a lot of on-track carnage that left a lot of riders to nurse injuries in the off season and one with us for eternity in spirit. Next year will see a new format to the series and a lot of new faces, and machines though I suspect the same protagonists at the front. I for one cannot wait to get on with it. Have a safe winter all!

Epiphany - Unregistered

November 09, 2011 6:22 PM

Rossi should have got on his knees and begged Gresini to hire him, not AB.

San Carlo would like an Italian rider for the other bike (if they run two) - why not Vale?

Would give Stoner the chance to thrash him on equal equipment - or would it???

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »