MotoGP » '1000cc suits my style' - Crutchlow fourth at Valencia test

"You can immediately feel the extra horsepower, which is impressive, but I'm happy because I could keep a very consistent pace" - Cal Crutchlow.

Juice - Unregistered

November 10, 2011 3:31 PM

I'm not a Cal fan but I'll give him credit. He has shown good form in Valencia and the test. I don't like Dovi at all and hopefully Cal can own him next season. I see Dovi as a threat to the factory Yamaha riders and I don't want Dovi to be there because that's his real mission.

Bliz - Unregistered

November 10, 2011 4:01 PM

@Juice

That's doens't make any sense, Juice. Yamaha is going to surround themselves with the best riders possible and if Dovi is quickest he will certainely get a shot at the factory seat. You can't fault him or Yamaha for that. Though, Tech 3 is likely to get a lot of factory support this year any way.

pp916 - Unregistered

November 10, 2011 6:05 PM

@ juice

I'm guessing your problem with Dovi is that he's a threat to Spies position in the works team in the future....well if he beats Ben on a regular basis then that's the way the cookie crumbles!

aeolus

November 10, 2011 6:25 PM

At the end of the day (or season) Cal has acquitted himself well and I look forward to a better showing next year shaming the "not worthy" boo bears refrain heard whenever a rider is elevated to the next class up.

'Merican - Unregistered

November 10, 2011 10:46 PM

I for one am extremely happy Cal's showing great promise on the 1000s. As an American, I have my fair share of riders to root for. But the Brits are extremely deserving of a good star and it's been long awaited. Hope he gets to dice with Ben, the aliens and who knows what talent will shine this coming year! Lord knows MotoGP needs em to

1050cc - Unregistered

November 11, 2011 12:04 AM

Seems the transition to MotoGP from WSB has just been made a tad less difficult going to 1000cc. Perhaps the Moto2 riders won't find it as easy as the 250cc riders coming up to the 800's.

Either way, after reading Ezpeleta's plans about making MotoGP a production based series in 2013, expect some MAJOR court and legal battles in 2012 with Flammini.

Ultimately they will merge. Motorcycling is on the decline (sales wise, but we all love it!), but let's be realistic. We all know it's coming. MotoGP and WSB will merge one day. Whilst it will make THEM wealthy, let's just hope it gives us the best riders in the world giving us the best racing. That's all we want.

Paul46 - Unregistered

November 11, 2011 12:43 PM

Juice - Repsol Honda are not running 3 bikes next year but had 3 riders on the books. One had to go. Stoner another year left on his contract and 2011 WC, Pedrosa with a year left on his contract and Repsols favourite child (also Spanish) or Dovi... out of contract, no WC and Italian?! He was offered a factory spec bike with another team but turned it down in favour of the Tech 3. Personally I think he is a better rider than Spies, maybe that will change on the 1000s but it has to be his goal to get back to a factory team.

« 1 2 3  »