MotoGP » Will aluminium frame be Ducati's silver bullet?

"The positives of this bike are certainly the engine, which I like, and the fact that it handles a bit better than the previous one" – Valentino Rossi.

shamarone

November 12, 2011 1:28 AM

re: "why the hell do you think stoner used to say it just went from under i dont know why?"

ummmn, could it be preziosi's minimalistic space frame design doesn't lend itself to carbon fiber...? just spit-balling.

shamarone

November 12, 2011 2:05 AM

re: "If you think Rossi is riding arounding thinking "I need to take it easy because I might die" than you are mistaken."

no he's riding around thinking, "what are these people on about"...? "didn't i go on record saying that moving to 800's was a mistake, and that i DIDN'T like them"...? "didn't anybody check the calendar and see that 2011 is a transition year that will see the end of these vile contraptions in return for big bikes (which i love btw)"...? "didn't anybody see my crash last year at mugello and how sitting on my couch had me climbing up the walls"...? "so i'd be interested in getting fat, losing fitness convalescing again in front the telly over a bike that's only getting sh!t-canned why"...?

some1 - Unregistered

November 12, 2011 3:19 AM

I know what Rossi thinking every time he rode the Ducati since he realized he didn't cut the mustard.

"Damn Gibernau! When will your curse on me and my Duc expired...?"

Paul Kirk - Unregistered

November 12, 2011 4:00 AM

RawDog-- I'm only up to page 3 but I can't help noticing you are very firm in your opinion that riders are less important than "engineers"/mechanics when it comes to setting up/fine tuning a bike. Well I dissagree, engineers/designers/mechanics build the bike, then it's got to be tested to get rid of any "bugs" then they've got to fine tune the handling/feel/electronics/etc, of it so riders can ride it to the max. these things can't be done without the riders' feedback! When you consider minor things like weight distribution, C.o.G height, spring rates, shock absorber characteristics, engine response, traction frt. and rear and all the other things required to get the bike to the front of the grid have to be gaged by a rider, then if the riders and engineers can successfully comunicate and understand eachother, changes can be made and hopefully the bike will be easier for the riders to aproach the limits. Some riders/drivers have more ability to do this than others and from evidence I'

RawDawg

November 12, 2011 4:53 AM

@Paul Kirk

I'm glad I checked the board because it seems that you are disagreeing with the wrong thing. I didn't talk about "setting up/fine tuning a bike" - I was referencing the engineer's role in development. It seems that you are confusing set up and development which aren't the same. Setting up a bike has to do with riders and race teams in getting the most out of a finished product in the goal of setting consistant times in QP and race trim - develop is moving the bike forward in testing in terms of new and/or different parts and new solutions.

No1StonerFan

November 12, 2011 4:59 AM

If it were an airplane and the pilot had a issue in the air with a design problem, they could fine tune it in the air when on the ground the engineer's would listen to the pilot and go away and engineer a solution, the pilots would go home.

F1 the same , as it would be the same every else in industry and racing
why would it be different with Rossi and Gp

some1 - Unregistered

November 12, 2011 5:53 AM

Aluminium frame is just another material. The sensations is just too small to make a big differences in the result. When you read Rossi's comments. he want a bike specifically made for him right out of the box.

That method has been broken since a fastest guy with a fastest bike that never win a GP title riding slower than his true pace. Then another guy with the smoothest style riding bike that only made for Rossi beat him at point blank.

So, this MotoGP sport tell us that any rider with creativity in their skills and techniques could win with a various methods doesn't matter what materials the bike was made.

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »