MotoGP » Loris Capirossi reaches the finish

Loris Capirossi: 22 seasons, 328 GP starts, 29 wins and 99 podiums.

Hemmy - Unregistered

November 11, 2011 11:52 AM

Although Loris did not have the best end to his career, those are certainly some impressive stats. Thats almost 1 podium every 3 races. Good stuff, and im sure his face will be missed in the paddock.

Id have liked to see him have a shot in WSB for a year though. Just to see how he'd go on a decent bike.

Jon

November 11, 2011 11:55 AM

Mixed emotion, really.
Part of me is glad he's giving it up now, part of me wishes he'd given up in 2009 and another part of me wishes he was going to WSBK on a 1 year contract.

I don't think he'd win but I'm sure he'd be fighting for podiums every now and then, and I bet he could've brought money into a team...
In 2006 I thought he showed real class and could've clinched that title.
Just a shame he didn't get on with the 800's and their super lean fuelling.

olaf - Unregistered

November 11, 2011 12:10 PM

Mini contest :) Rossi, Biaggi, Barros, Gibernau, Capirossi - who knows what they and only they have in common?
Now only rossi has left. Deal with pramac was never going to pay off. Capi should stay with suzuki, have a shot at WSBK or retire then, I would say he would have got the title if only 990cc had stayed.

Mac83 - Unregistered

November 11, 2011 12:24 PM

Answer to the question i do believe that rossi is the only one left in motogp to have ridden in the 500cc era everyone else has now only rode a 990,800 or the new 1000

ACAB - Unregistered

November 11, 2011 12:24 PM

Ciao Capirex, grazie por tutti !

End of an era, I am old enough to remember when we only had one 'rossi.

Great guy, we will miss him, all the best for the future LC.

Sloper

November 11, 2011 12:32 PM

I'll miss Capirossi a great deal but in all fairness it's been a long time since he's been truly competitive. Plenty of new hungry riders out there who are up for it.

Mind you, it would be great to see him go and annoy Biaggi in WSB for a bit.

1 2 3 4  »