MotoGP » Vote for your MotoGP Rider of the Year!

CLICK HERE to rate each of the MotoGP World Championship riders out of ten for their 2011 performances...

JOHN - Unregistered

November 22, 2011 4:38 PM

Much as I hate to say it, it has to be Stoner. He rode faultlessly, made no mistakes, and didn't crash. His riding around corners was as a TV commentator (I think it was Steve Parrish?) repeatedly said 'Poetry in motion'. The rider for me with the most character was Marco Simoncelli. RIP Marco

King Kenny - Unregistered

November 22, 2011 5:07 PM

As much as we all miss Sic, he wasn't even one of the 5 best, which were, IMO: 1st-Stoner, 2nd-Lorenzo, 3rd-Dovizioso, 4th-Pedrosa, 5th-Spies. Yes, I'm aware that's how they clasified in the championship too.

Sic was a great rider, but this season he was outperformed but these five. His death might be too close for some to see things for what they were. Marco was a great rider, but far from Rider of the Year by my book.

Paul46 - Unregistered

November 22, 2011 5:54 PM

Hard to look past Stoner for this one really, like him or not. He has had an answer for anyone really this year bar some awesome rides by Lorenzo.

Most enjoyable to watch... Marco for sure!

spiesunderdog - Unregistered

November 22, 2011 7:23 PM

Had to give Stoner a 10, Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Dovi a 9, Marco and Spies an 8. IMO the rest of the field would get a 6 or lower. I predict next year both Stoner and Lorenzo will be 10's in a close battle all year (barring injury of course). I really hope we see less cold tire crashing and more overtaking in 2012 and beyond

KTMKen

November 22, 2011 7:36 PM

Dear Crash,

Please correct the omission of "Dani Pedrosa" in your sentence that begins "Stoner's team mates Andrea Dovizioso finished third and fourth..."

TOMCOL - Unregistered

November 22, 2011 7:42 PM

I suspect Stoner will start where he left off. pretty much dominant. I hope not, but it appears he is some way quicker than anyone else at the moment. Lorenzo will be up there but I would like to see Spies close up, Simo would have done. Pedrosa - who knows? Who else is there after that? RDP perhaps but he has no ride as far as I know.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »