MotoGP » Moto2: Redding sets Jerez pace on Kalex

Scott Redding tops the timesheets during unofficial testing held at Jerez, ahead of Pol Espargaro and Esteve Rabat.

realfan

November 24, 2011 10:15 AM

MM did come alive in the second half of the season but let's not forget the money's no object team approach he's had behind him including preferential treatment from chassis manufacturer. Smith on the other hand he been been developing the teams own chassis and operating within financial restraints so I think the original statement was correct.

Don-R

November 24, 2011 10:19 AM

Good to see Gino Rea still testing for Gresini and putting in some decent times. An official signing for next year has to be a formality now?

It'll be interesting to see how Terol adapts to Moto2. He's 2s off the pace right now, but it's early days. I'll be surprised if he masters it as quickly as Marquez.

McLarenP - Unregistered

November 24, 2011 12:00 PM

Ever since I first saw Scott race in Quatar in 2007 he gave me every indication that he was destined to become a world champion! His riding style,his late braking, his determination and committment were something I hadn't seen in such a youngster. He was, and still is fantastic to watch, but he hasn't had the right opportunity so far to show his true potential! I seriously hope we see exactly what Scott can do next year as I think the best is yet to come!!!

McbainUK

November 24, 2011 12:09 PM

I'd have though an official signing for Gino was far from a formality. Sadly, these days rides aren't given solely on merit. I'd expect he needs to be bringing in some significant money in order to get the ride.

Do hope he gets it though the "Entertainer" is one of my favourite riders. He deserves a chance on a good bike so that he doesn't need to risk life and limb in order to get a good performance.

Day Jar Voo? - Unregistered

November 24, 2011 12:54 PM

I wish the guy all the luck in winning next years Moto2 championship.

But, wasn't he also the top dog in testing at the beginning of this year?

Topping the time sheets in testing seems to be one thing, but doing it during a race weekend seems to be another!

markyb69 - Unregistered

November 24, 2011 1:41 PM

Fast laps have never been Scott's problem, doing them consistantly throughout the race is where his downfall was this year, he needs to look after his tyres better, or lose weight, as he said himself.

sylvester - Unregistered

November 24, 2011 3:05 PM

Scott has been far too inconsistent to date with the fantastic chance he has got. Very fast in testing and not following through in the races is hard for British fans to watch. I hope the kalex will mark a turning point for him and he can get this heat exhaustion problem sorted. The one to watch however is Gino Rea next year if he signs for gresini! I reckon if he can continue to get near Scott in testing, he'll smoke him and most others in the races, as he does deliver and he will never pull out of races because of the heat!!!

Tramp - Unregistered

November 24, 2011 3:09 PM

His tyres wore out because the chassis was under developed and he had to over ride to try to get near the front. I'm betting on Redding to be champion in 2012 with the Kalex.

Nick - Unregistered

November 24, 2011 3:41 PM

@ MarkyB - Scott is naturally quite big, but he is very lean and would struggle to lose any weight, My Mrs was ogling at some pictures of him with his top off - he has quite an impressive six pack going on!

1 2 3  »