MotoGP » De Puniet makes his mark on Aprilia

French ace tops times on day two of Jerez test

Joeski

November 28, 2011 2:34 AM

Guys n gals.. The CRT's need time to develop! I believe that the factories (Honda, Yamaha etc)need to lease more engines at a cheaper rate and we would see more competitive fields. I remember a certain Roberts team almost winning at Estoril 2006. Prototype Roberts chassis with a MGP honda engine. I am not sure if the answer is highly modified production engines but I remember a certain Cal Crutchlow putting his R1 within top 5 MGP time (yes i am aware he was on Q tyres and also on Pirellis) but we are speaking about a superbike posting MGP times. So CRT may not be a bad idea...let's see how it stacks up after some development under its wings. Moto2 was the same way..everyone said how slow they were with single engine supplier and they are faster than the 250's now. All because of development..

some1 - Unregistered

November 28, 2011 10:33 AM

The track day enthusiast will have their fantasy fulfill to ride an eligible MotoGP bike on their weekend. Build their own CRT alike bike from a mismatch street bike kits and trying to get themselves reaching the GP pace.

This is the sports is all about in the past. MotoGP fans having a blast to replicate their hero on the track day and even built themselves a GP machine from the 2-stroke street kits. Now, with the CRT bikes emerge into the competition, fans are a step closer to build their own GP machine from the 4-stroke street bike kits.

More fans getting involve to replicate any part of the sport will help the sport getting popular.

wadcutter - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 12:36 PM

I'm confused!! (it doesn't take much) So you take an Aprilia factory WSB, paint frame and swinger black slap some bridgestones and carbon discs on and you got a CRT?? Is the weight limit for crt less than WSB?? If this is all happening I think its a flier!! And I'm getting a bank loan for 20,000 euros I fancy a gear driven cam 230+bhp v4 monster in my tuono!! Do I get the exhaust included??
Seriously can they use this bike?..I kinda hope they can because 2013 will have about 40 bikes on grid...25 will be Prila's!!

meatlovers - Unregistered

November 29, 2011 2:25 PM

after a difficult times with desmosedici, i hope aprillia could give him a good bike
he's fast, on lcr honda, we have seen him battling for podiums, and we barely see it, that he struggle alot with the bike, yet he can put a good fight with the factory team
i hope he can be underdog team next years
go randy !!!!

Spartacus

November 29, 2011 10:08 PM

I do not know why RdP switched from Honda to the Dookie but he should have stayed at Honda, I bet that he would not be on this position at this point and would have had a much better 2011 season with the LCR Honda team. Wait a minute I just remember why he left Honda! it seem that he didn't leave he was conveniently moved out, it was all because Espeleta (or however you spell his name) needed to give his compatriot Toni Elias a present for winning the moto2 championship, and what a fiasco Elias turned out to be.

cyclopathic - Unregistered

November 30, 2011 4:09 PM

@spartacus, re: I do not know why RdP switched from Honda to the Dookie but he should have stayed at Honda

b/c Dorna needed a ride for Tony Elias. LCR is a cash strip down outlet, they welcome Dorna paying rider wages. How much do you think they pay Bradl?

Dorna on other hand is serious about "you win Moto2 you go to MotoGP", so this is how the cookie rolls.

« 1 2 3 4