MotoGP » Rossi 'belittling' title win, says Stoner

'Valentino is saying and doing everything to belittle what was done by myself, my team, and Honda last year' - Casey Stoner

McLarenP - Unregistered

January 26, 2012 3:04 PM

What I meant was, Stoner is never happy even when he wins! This was wrong, that was wrong, moan, groan! Why can't he just be happy he won and say so and occasionaly actually acknowledge the other riders on the podium - something he rarely does. It's all me, me, me!

RawDawg

January 26, 2012 3:16 PM

@McLarenP

You're complaining about Stoner because as you say "It's all me, me, me!"? lol. Really?? Isn't your hero the guy who handicaps his teammates, told Yamaha "it's him or me" about Jorge, and left with his tail between his legs because Yamaha wouldn't fire Jorge? Wasn't your hero the guy wearing "Bye bye baby" t-shirts and kissing his Yamaha trying deperately to get attention and take the spot light off of Jorge's title? Did you say Rossi was selfish or it was all "me, me, me" about him? You sound like a bigger hypocrite than your hero. So just stop it. You're making yourself look more and more foolish. Don't complain about one if you didn't about the other.

McLarenPlop - Unregistered

January 26, 2012 3:20 PM

because people like u hate whatever he says and despise his ability and think it is all down to some evil magic instead of viewing reality as reality. Stoner fast and awesome talent, by saying the fastest guy on the fastest bike Rossi was trying to diminish Casey's effort. A true sportsmen would say the best man won.The article itself seems to be a bit of trolling and shows that despite winning a title and several(understated) races on the Italian bike, the Italians are still mad that he beat their boy and that the so-called 2011 Italian dream team could be compared to the maiden voyage of the Titanic. I can't stop laughing. You guys hate everybody who beats Rossi.

"When Casey has another 7 titles under belt he can then be qualified to talk "

Casey has a winning record over Rossi despite Rossi having the best bike and Casey having the dog of the pack for the majority of the rivalry. And he's World Champion. He's qualified to talk.

mike hunt - Unregistered

January 26, 2012 3:34 PM

Rossi could not win a race on the same bike that Casey DID win on.

Casey won the championship on a bike - same bike that Pedrosa could not win the championship with.

That says more than enough about the talent of Casey Stoner.

TheTroll - Unregistered

January 26, 2012 3:35 PM

Really, is Casey also not allowed to pass Rossi or win any more races or titles because Rossi is a 7 time motoGp champ? You have heard of logic before haven't you? The champ can retire as the champ or hang around until he gets beaten up, he can then choose to retire or continue until his skills have diminished to the point that he can't beat anyone. I don't like for anyone to be remembered as the latter. Rossi had a period where he was the best rider on the best kit and tires. That period has now ended. Being popular doesn't win races.

breza34 - Unregistered

January 26, 2012 3:38 PM

Let's put it right: Rossi just said the truth-that Ducati at the moment can't compete with a factory that sells 22 millions of bikes annually. Ducati Corse (unlike HRC) occupies just one part of Ducati factory and is by all standards small unit. SToner can't talk about money invested in any Honda...it's not up to him to talk any numbers. It seems that Mr.27 reacts too serious on Rossi comments, and we all know that The Doctor is a master of psychology...just remember war of words (and fists) with Biaggi. Stoner should continue what he's doing-riding brilliantly-and stay on his best ever Rossi comment "Your ambition outweighted your talent".Stoner proved his ability, on Ducati and on HOnda and shouldn't be bothered with any ones words. Even Doctors...

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  »