MotoGP » Casey Stoner - Q&A

A Repsol Honda generated interview with reigning MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner

I'm not the guy above.. - Unregistered

February 21, 2012 11:29 AM

I find most of the foreign riders are easier to understand , it's a complete myth that someone who blirts out the first thing they think off is somehow more honest than everyone else.. casey is as self centred as the rest and says what he thinks does him the most good and of course with always a little dig at Rossi who despite the talk really has got inside caseys head even when casey is winning.. when the duke gets sorted this year and hector is beating the tech 3 yams i fear caseys head will explode.

Sean03

February 21, 2012 11:39 AM

I see all the anti Stoner delusionist's are out in force again all if's and but's about how Casey will break, just sit back take some more medication and enjoy 2012 with one MR.Stoner putting on a clinic

rty - Unregistered

February 21, 2012 11:45 AM

funny how all here r criticizing him already. he is already shown he is fast on the new bike with minimum laps ridden. as for the 4kgs, any1 will have complains if u have rule changes in the last minute.

me - Unregistered

February 21, 2012 11:53 AM

2008: we (I) were great, we showed so.

2009: we (I) were great, we showed so.

2010: (no excuses) BUT at the end of the season..
we (I) were great, we showed so

No worries guys, it's always the usual Casey even now that he's a father :)

DB8 - Unregistered

February 21, 2012 11:54 AM

@S27 - Fair point. Last year Casey set a new bench mark in speed and consistency. The others are going to have to catch up with him, or fade away. In a way, that improves the sport.

I'll admit though, I just watch Moto GP for fun. I love it and it is my favourite sport to watch, but I'm not a die hard fanatic. I'll switch off if I get bored, and I'm not the only one.

I am hoping to get to Valencia in November for my stag though. So, for the sake of my stag do, I really hope its more competitive at the front for the entire year and 3/4 riders are racing for the win at the last race of the year! According to my best man, I will be the one in the crowd hand cuffed to a smurf

samas

February 21, 2012 11:54 AM

Not being an engineer I suspect along with the know alls who thinks 4 kilo's makes no difference to a bike developed by top engineers with all the very latest computer gear makes no difference, Yea you would know (not)

No matter what Stoner says it will be twisted to him being a moaner. He should never say what his opinion is and act like a ventriloqust doll and say what all you couch potatoes believe a perfect rider should be. God forbid that Rossi moaned about the bike,shoulder another rider that took him out. Rossi moaned alot last year maybe not so much in the press but i'm sure Ducati are sick of it

Ich - Unregistered

February 21, 2012 12:21 PM

He's the man to beat and it's always good reading an interview from one of top riders but, honestly, many of his interview seem to drift toward that same old "why I didn't win any given years facts" that irritates many readers.

#46 Renovation - Unregistered

February 21, 2012 12:37 PM

Guys, lets be honest: If you were a Team Principal, with a top end bike and looking for a rider you could be more or less confident that he would take that bike to a championship win, right now, who would you pick? Casey, Jorge, Dani or Valentino? If I chose from the heart, I would take Valentino who, to my mind, is without question the GOAT of the last decade and is right now still close to the top. If my brain and pocket dictated the decision, it would be a toss-up between Casey and Jorge, probably with a final nod to Jorge. I think that, right now, Jorge is pound for pound the most rounded, complete, ballsy and mentally strongest member of the Alien Club, all riding conditions taken into account.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »