MotoGP » Tell us what you think of MotoGP!

We want to know what fans think of MotoGP heading into the 2012 season...

Really really - Unregistered

March 15, 2012 1:02 PM

What's the point of US telling you what we think !, will anything come of it ?, I mean really, do you think that Dorna and all the fvckwits which run MGP pay any heed to anything that anyone outside the inner circle has to say, puleasse, they do what they want, when they want...and so it goes, if you want meaningful change you have to hit them where it hurts, i.e. their wallets.

McLarenP

March 15, 2012 1:45 PM

I've done my fair share of complaining about the unfairness of MotoGP and loads more moaning about it but nobody has taken any notice of me or anyone else for that matter!! Really really is spot on,- what's the point of asking us, the people who pay the money to watch, the people the sponsors want to aim their advertising at, the people that matter at the end of the day - why ask us anything ???????

me - Unregistered

March 15, 2012 1:52 PM

It makes for interesting reading if nothing else.

I can't understand why so many people agree that MotoGP must be faster and WSBK. I personally can't see the relevance in comparing lap times between different championships and voted strongly disagree. Must F1 be faster than Indy?

DB8

March 15, 2012 2:02 PM

"Does 80% rider 20% machine still apply?"....Did it ever "apply"? Was it not something someone once said to increase their pay packet?

If it does still apply, and that team does not win, is it therefore 80% the riders fault? No, it isn't. It was a silly statement that never "applied"

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

March 15, 2012 2:16 PM

@ DB8 - I don't know who said that, but it has never applied. I am currently reading a book about Ernst Degner and the early two stroke GP bikes - there was a time when the next best bikes finished four and a half minutes behind the lead MV Agusta! So it certainly didn't apply in the 1950's or 60's or at any other time!

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

March 15, 2012 2:21 PM

I voted strongly disagree about the technology because the technology in MotoGP now is really not very interesting - most of it is in the electronics, lubrication and tyres - and don't tell me those are exciting.

The real exciting technology was pre WW2 with supercharged 4 strokes and supercharged split single 2 strokes or the multi-cylinder madness of the 1960's with 5 cylinder 125's and the like and 18 speed gearboxes!

das boot

March 15, 2012 2:31 PM

I remember reading somewhere, I think and interview with the Honda or Yamaha boss, that a top rider, such as Stoner, Lorenzo, Valentino, are worth about .5 to 1 sec a lap over the other riders. When you look at it that way, it's more like 99% bike, 1% rider.

das boot

March 15, 2012 2:34 PM

@me
"I can't understand why so many people agree that MotoGP must be faster and WSBK."

Considering the price tag of Moto GP, I think it is very acceptable to expect it to be faster than WSBK. If a less expensive bike can outperform the more expensive one, then you're doing it wrong.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »