MotoGP » Valentino Rossi still far from the 'front'

“I can't load the front enough to enter fast, so I don't carry enough speed through the corner, and that's why we're far from the front”- Valentino Rossi.

pcxmac - Unregistered

March 24, 2012 2:49 AM

today rossi said that front end feeling is not a problem. So if this is true, than its not an issue anymore. The issue is cornering the bike and coming out of the corners, which will slow it down on the straights and slow down the bike at the slower points.

Ducati are working with a completely different concept this year, Given how long it has taken Honda or Yamaha to correct their mistakes on proven platforms Ducati are not doing as bad as some people make out. As long as Ducati know whats going on with their bikes and what needs to be done its only a matter of time.

RawDawg

March 24, 2012 3:03 AM

@pcxmac

You say in post "fortunately the front end feel issues have been fixed" and in another "today rossi said that front end feeling is not a problem"

Where did he say this?

Because in this article it says "I can't load the front enough to enter fast, so I don't carry enough speed through the corner" which indicates there is a problem with the front. And Birty twitted "Rossi also told MCN that he is worried so much because the bike has changed a lot but the front problem remains similar"

So how do you figure the front is not a problem any more?

I dont believe this - Unregistered

March 24, 2012 3:13 AM

What is going on,Rossi?

I don't mind if Rossi play a mind sick game.please give a little show.But this situtation to me,Rossi can't ride the Ducati good enough.I as a Rossi fan,very upset and frustrated to see a first day shakedown like this.

74-27 - Unregistered

March 24, 2012 3:28 AM

"I'm intrigued to know which MotoGP riders the Stoner fans supported before Stoner came to MotoGP.
I wonder if any will take this opportunity to name their previous hero / favourite?
Posted by Tetley "
me stoner fan.. there was a jap hero named daijiro kato

dacron

March 24, 2012 3:33 AM

@Scaleman
i never told you to get a life mate , that was for legend.
there's no such this as greatest of all time in this sport , its impossible to judge with all the variables being beyond calculation.
i don't hate or dislike any rider or anyone for that matter , but without taking away vales hard earned achievements it has been clear that there was no super talents as his rivals until the entrance of stoner and lorenzo.
these two not only are exceptional talents but also exceptionally good at deflecting one of his greatest weapons....mind games.

an4rew

March 24, 2012 3:40 AM

I will say it again i never seen anyone take it to Rossi as good as Gibernau who would have been a champion if not for Rossi.

You could also say Rossi was better rider back then.

As for mind games i think Rossi got well inside Stoners head numerous times and that pass on Lorenzo final corner at Catalunya and also in Japan he was banging fairings with Lorenzo.

This is all not relevant now but people want to go back in time alot on this website.

myself - Unregistered

March 24, 2012 3:48 AM

maybe he should just 'adjust/change' his riding style and stop looking for excuses... I mean it's not like he doesn't get paid for it

or maybe he just needs a proper shrink like Melandri back in 08 sponsored by Ducati

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  »