MotoGP » 'Pleased' Valentino Rossi bins 'bad setup'

“We made some mistakes at Sepang II chasing a bad set-up. We changed the set-up, first the rear and then the front, and now I enter the corners pretty well again” – Valentino Rossi.

nick881 - Unregistered

March 25, 2012 11:22 PM

@1motion

Did you not see my earlier post about the gap between the riders average race sim pace? It's not 1.5 to 2 seconds. It's 1.4 to Stoner (he's the only one to go so fast in race sim) 0.8 to JLo and 0.7 to Pedrosa.

Maybe before you come and 'burst everyones bubble' you should get your facts straight.

1motion

March 25, 2012 11:48 PM

lolololol @nick881

you mad bro... if you are trying to bust my balls over what, a tenth of a second get a life dude... i was generalizing his pace compared to the top guys, which has been about what i said 1.5-2 seconds... and even here im not totally wrong... 1.4 to stoner vs. 1.5 lol!

i quote stuff off the top of my head from memory, if i wanted to troll and waste my time to be perfect i could, but ill leave that to people with to much time on their hands such as yourself

sine you like to look at number, go take stoners slowest sim lap... take rossis fastest multiply them by say 20 just to make it easy for you... and tell me what the gap would be... hell you can do it with my boy Spies too since rossi isnt far off... but over the race... yea... lets see those math skills

amafan - Unregistered

March 26, 2012 12:00 AM

nick881, Rossi only did a 13 lap race sim,and Pedrosa and Lorenzo did the full 27 lap race distance, so his average lap looks closer than it actually is . Rossi was doing mid 1:41's at the end of his race sim ,and he still had 13 more laps to go,and he was going slower every lap. Lorenzo did low to mis 1:40's for 27 straight laps ,and Stoner only did a 10 lap race sim,so his lap time average were much faster, because his tires were just stating to wear out when he pitted .

lin3back3r - Unregistered

March 26, 2012 12:04 AM

well is it me or just the background of the pic look like a background of aprillas in wsbk from last season? including their livery. though majority of the color still has that red duke. nyways good luck to him this season...

nick881 - Unregistered

March 26, 2012 12:08 AM

@1motion

You are missing the point. Yes Stoner is 1.4 but he is the exception. He is the only rider that managed to do a longer stint with times close to his best of the day. Lorenzo and Pedrosa's average race sim times had the same gap to Rossi as there is between their best laps of the day.

The important figure from the race sim is average time as it is about consistency not one fastest lap.

So, he is 0.8 behind Lorenzo not 1.5 to 2 seconds.

Somethign else to consider is that Rossi's career can be characterised by the fact he always performs better on race day than he does in testing and qualifying.

So instead of coming on here trying to be a smart **** and burst our bubbles why don't you be a bit more objective way and lets wait to see what happens in the first few races.

nick881 - Unregistered

March 26, 2012 12:13 AM

@amafan

Yeah you have a point. But Stoner apparently used worn tyres for his 10 laps, not sure about Rossi I don't think it says one way or the other in any of the reports.

billace - Unregistered

March 26, 2012 12:26 AM

Nick,

Vale has really shown that ability throughout his career...until last year. I don't think anything he did in the past applies to this season. He's admitted that Stoner & Jorge are faster, when he put the effort in move up in a race last season he crashed more than ever in his career from well back in the field.

The old 46 is gone, he should be like Jordan and pick a new number while on his farewell tour. Maybe 23 in honor of Jordan, a huge bike racing fan or in reflection that he is mentally beaten and is half the rider he used to be...

nick881 - Unregistered

March 26, 2012 12:46 AM

@billace

Don't get me wrong I'm not a Rossi fanboy. I'm just trying to be realistic about the situation and the facts that are presented.

Obviously last year was disastrous for Ducati and Rossi. But even last year his race finishes were generally better than his qualifying positions. He was pretty much always the first Duc across the line even if he had been out qualified by other Ducs.

Obviously the Hondas and Yams are stronger, I don't think anyone denies that. But I am a fan of Rossi (amongst others) because of his outstanding career, he has really given us so much to watch over the years. And I hope that he can at least compete for victories again before he retires. But I admit it has crossed my mind that this might not happen.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »