MotoGP » BBC to show every MotoGP race in full HD

'Cal Crutchlow carries the weight of British expectation on his shoulders, and his testing has gone well' - Steve Parrish

srshaw - Unregistered

March 30, 2012 6:02 PM

Can't stand the been coverage. I'd rather wait an hour for eurosport. However eurosport are only good because of the commentators. If they go then I guess its back to the beeb.

At the end of the day its about the racing, and I think I can recognize the racers The one at the front with the number one is Casey, and the red and yellow one with 46 and some stupid helmet battling it out with some CRTs is the goat? mmmm

scartledge - Unregistered

March 30, 2012 6:44 PM

srshaw- It's easy to tell who the riders are. If you've been watching for the last 20yrs. The Goat has won the most titles on the most bikes, and evryone else is everyone else.

Good for beeb. nothing's changed, but at least Jennie Gow is just a bitter taste in the back of the mouth.

srshaw - Unregistered

March 30, 2012 7:01 PM

I think my previous post was a bit harsh on Rossi. I'll admit I've never been a Rossi fan. I've been going to races since the 90's. My favourites where always the underdog, and have been fans of Biaggi, Roberts, Gibernau et al. Even in recent years, I have supported Casey since on the Ducati he was never really the favourite, even though he won the championship first tome out on the 800's

I suppose there no no doubt that Rossi is the most successful racer in recent times. It would be nice to see the old Rossi back and fighting for wins. It just seems as though he has lost something.

Humax man - Unregistered

March 30, 2012 7:11 PM

On the strength on the 2010 Valencia GP shown in HD, I purchased a big flat screen telly & an HD Freeview box.
I was VERY disappointed they screened NO races in HD during 2011!
But I am VERY Pleased they're showing (nearly) ALL the races in HD this season! :-)
This is what we pay our license fee for, great news!

Ivor Hatecox - Unregistered

March 30, 2012 10:36 PM

I have to say Cox is without doubt the BIGGEST gobshite ever at Motorsport commentary. The whole crew are just a bunch of arrogant lazy bastards on a jolly. Seeing them in action will confirm this if you ever get into the media centre. Stick yer friggin red button where the sun dont shine

Fuji - Unregistered

April 03, 2012 9:07 AM

@BBC Parrish speaks about Cal.

Parrish: "He's made another step forward. If he can run fifth or sixth this year then it only takes a few mistakes or a crash ahead and he can be on the podium which would be great for British motorcycling. This is the pivotal year for him."

How dumb is this guy abd why do the BBC think he's good for TV.

junxs

April 04, 2012 2:00 AM

Just checked the TV guide for the weekend, although BBC is showing the race delayed on its HD channel, it will not actually be broadcast in HD.. so what is the point? and how is "EVERY race being shown in full pin sharp HD" then?
Big Fat Fail from BBC before it even begins.

Before giving this comment a thumbs down, please check for yourselves, Sky listings show HD broadcasts in orange on their tv guide with (HD) in bottom right corner.. this has neither, MOTD2 which is on immediately before is broadcast in HD while this is most definitely not.

« 5 6 7 8 9