MotoGP » Moto2: Redding: I love this bike!

“The first session can't come quick enough for me now. I love riding this bike!" – Scott Redding.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

McLarenP

April 03, 2012 10:20 AM

I think this year is when we will see how good Scott Redding is! After all the problems he has had to endure, let's hope he can just get on with racing a good bike and getting good results. Scott has a shedload of skill and talent and I can't wait to see him in action!

Sweeble

April 03, 2012 11:03 AM

MotoGP is all very well, but it's Moto2 I'll be tuning in for. I'm hoping for a good result from Scott, but feel that Bradley's class and smooth style can do well over the race distance. Roll on the weekend!

jjthekid46 - Unregistered

April 03, 2012 1:51 PM

I wouldn't say that he is the real deal. He is overrated by a long shot, but then the brits are the only ones that rate him, because he is the youngest gp winner ever. Since his in 08 however he hasn't proved or developed much compared to other riders. After 4 years at world championship level, he has only 4 podiums to show for it(failed to reach it even once last year), and has never finished in the top 6 of a championship. Those certainly don't look like the credentials of a champion to me. He is mostly only fast in testing, and can every now and then pull out a good qualifying lap, but that's all there is to him. He is way to inconsistent to ever mount a title challenge. Bradley Smith in comparison is at least a much more consistent performer.....

PatrickD

April 03, 2012 1:59 PM

I think that any rider that likes racing should be in the Moto2 class for sure. The most competitive field of bike racing that I've seen, and certainly the class with loads to see when attending the actual race.
But allied to this, we REALLY need tone able to see the race numbers. Which we can't!

Best of luck, Scott, it's obvious that you are a hard charger, but you/your bike seemed to go off the boil during a race too often last year. Hopefully more sustainable pace can be found.

tomcol - Unregistered

April 03, 2012 2:53 PM

Still to be convinced. Hes on arguably a better bike but up to now has rather flattered to deceive. Lets see what happens but one suspects this is his last chance in moto 2 before either disappearing off to BSB or perhaps WSBK.

Wasthatit

April 04, 2012 2:40 PM

His own team have said that he has problems with excessive tyre wear due to his size/weight and have done a lot of race simulations in winter testing to help him keep pace throughout the race in 2012. Maybe he would be better suited to a different championship e.g. wsbk or MotoGP?

jjthekid46 - Unregistered

April 04, 2012 2:56 PM

I don't buy the whole "he is too heavy for this class" argument. Simoncelli was the same height/build/weight as Redding, and he managed to win 12 races and a title 2 boot in his 4 years in 250cc against riders who weighed the same as Reddings competitors do. And now all of the sudden Redding weight is supposed to be such a "BIG" problem ? I just don't buy it! Sounds like excuses for his inability to find a decent set-up for race day. He really needs to work on that....