MotoGP » Cal Crutchlow savours first MotoGP front row

"It is a great feeling to be on the front row with Casey and Jorge" - Cal Crutchlow.

popcorn - Unregistered

April 07, 2012 11:44 PM

as expected cal has shown his class,the only problem will be that dovi will be trounced all season by cal but still get the factory parts first,then take spies ride.passport politics as always.

blue hurricane - Unregistered

April 07, 2012 11:58 PM

Anyway, agree with the rest of your comment. Hopefully Cal can be smart about it and not through it away by pushing too hard at the begiining of the race (trying to stay with the top guys)
Should be interesting - go Cal

Don-R

April 08, 2012 12:23 AM

@ popcorn

Wow, that's a gloomy prediction. My own feeling is that Dovi would have to have a *massive* year to unseat Spies. Dovi had his shot on a factory bike after all, and didn't show title winning potential. Probably worth bearing in mind the importance of the US market to Yamaha too. You can be sure there'd be some fairly influential voices lobbying for Spies to keep his ride even if he has a less than stellar year.

@ blue hurricane

Maybe I've been reading the wrong posts but it seems to me RawDawg has consistently been pretty supportive of Cal. His argument I believe was that the WSBK results didn't warrant the promotion but that it was up to Cal to prove himself when he got here. Seems a fair enough position to me?

bikenutter

April 08, 2012 12:36 AM

I think both Cal and Dovi will be safely in tech 3 seats next year, they'll give Smith a CRT I recon, and run 3 bikes. I just don't think he's proven his worth suitably to overthrow either Cal or Dovi, and you know what tech 3 are like, CRT is right up their street.

rab27 - Unregistered

April 08, 2012 12:43 AM

WOW ! this just keeps getting better.fantastic job by cal,i dont care where he finishes up in the race now,that was a great qualifying session to watch.his race pace aint bad either,and knowing how aggressive he can be off the start i wouldnt put it past him to lead into the first corner.
cant wait for the racing to start now,its been a long winter,and from what qualifying has shown so far,its going to be an interesting season !

popcorn - Unregistered

April 08, 2012 12:47 AM

Don-r so what you are saying is that no matter how poor spies results are he will retain his factory ride because he is american.well that makes sense.

flag - Unregistered

April 08, 2012 1:02 AM

@ Blue Hurricane

"@ RawDog, if I am not mistaken last year you said Cal had no right to be in motogp, I believe you wnet as far as saying Rea would be more deserving."

I remember that too, but just remember it's RawDawg. Try not to take his comments too seriously and just "tut" and roll your eyes like most of us do! It is RawDawg after all.

P.S. RawDawg, you were quoted in Motorcycle News this week. I noticed it tonight whilst I was having a dump (seriously!)

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »