MotoGP » Moto2: Marquez snatches thrilling Qatar win

Marc Marquez wins the season-opening Qatar Moto2 night race, at Losail by 0.061sec.

Sam - Unregistered

April 10, 2012 8:41 AM

@Domski23

Lol, it wasn't Sic's (R.I.P) fault, it was Pedrosa's fault. I wonder what Sic could produce on that 1000cc Gresini. I for one will never forget him. RIP Sic

domski23

April 10, 2012 1:26 PM

@Sam

I don't think it was Sic's fault. I put the blame 100% with Pedrosa, who knew he had no hope of defending 2nd place and was just being an irritant for no good reason. You wouldn't know this, but I have written thousands of words slating Pedrosa, Honda, race control and also Stoner and Lorenzo, who along with Pedrosa had gone hand in hand to complain about Simoncelli, at Le Mans before any riding took place. Not one of whom had any valid reason to complain, Lorenzo had tried to ride over Marco ar Valencia, but saw it the other way. Stoner remember went on to punch Randy de Puniet during qualifying. WTF race not-in-control were thinking when Dani made his own crash is beyond comprehension, no it was f***king digfraceful as were Honda, no doubt thinking only about Repsol's millions and therefore siding with Alberto Puig's puppet. Who will NEVER win MotoGP although Bert will always say otherwise, but "Dani just needs XYZ and I know he'll win' next year 'Dani just needs ZXY and he'll

blurbb54 - Unregistered

April 10, 2012 1:41 PM

obviously not many understand how dangerous marquez move on luthi was.He forced Luthi wide onto the rumble strip where it is very sandy breaking from 170 mph,luthi then had to release the brakes or a serious accident would have occurred thats why he ran onto the slip area of the track.This avoided both of them going down and due to the skill of luthi both stayed on.Marquez if he has all this skill and advantage people talk about why does he have to pull a move like that obviously because he doesent believe himself that he has this skill and advantage.

domski23

April 10, 2012 2:15 PM

I think you're 100% on the money there blurbb54.

It makes me angry when rider cut back across in front of another rider, and weaving on warm up laps - scientifically proven to cool tyres down as bike tyres simply roll over the tarmac due to the curvred shape - whereas car tyres are flat and they scrub across the tarmac and thus generate heat - yet nobody (and I mean the FIM) seems to give a toss about this and the dangers of 30 bikes swooping unpredictably backwards and forwards.

And when did the warm up lap become a shambolic parade, half the grid at full speed whilst spread across the entire width of the race track are the other 50% who have a hand in the air, both feet dragging on the tarmac whilst it appears to be compulsary to look only behind you - presumably so you can see the fear in someone's eyes as they attempt to park themselves and a motorcycle inside your exhaust pipe, assisted by 100mph of excess speed. I've lost count of the thoroughly terrifying accidents like that

domski23

April 10, 2012 2:18 PM

which I have been unfortunate to see - yet the organisers clearly couldn't care less and are quite happy to continue sweeping these *****s into the ashtray of a waiting ambulance.

It's WARM UP LAP, supposedly at race pace for the purposes of warming everything up - not for poncing about like a **** head and waving to the crowd. It still goes on in qualifying too, how scary was it watching Luthi and Redding going full bore only to meet by 6-7 World championship grand prix riders scattered randomly all over the place at less than half of race pace, they don't even keep to one side and out the way. It truly leaves me speachless - hard to imagine I know.

Thing is kids see it on TV and then they replicate it when they race, like the leg dangling nonsense, noboby can tell you what benefit it gives but everyone now has to ride about and take their feet off the controls - surely that is less safe?

pcxmac - Unregistered

April 10, 2012 5:29 PM

riders (who know what they are doing) dont weave during warm up to warm their tires up, they weave to feel out their tires, to better understand the traction they have w/ the rubber and the tarmac. Its also a good way to get a little loose on the bike.

drivers weave their cars because it flexes the sidewalls of their tires which generates heat through the carcass of their tires.

domski23

April 10, 2012 7:22 PM

I'm not entirely with you on the weaving to suss out grip during a warm-up lap. But I can't speak for every racer and clearly they're not all intelligent. I would argue that travelling at racing speed or near to it, is the only accurate way to measure grip levels. I can't remember the last GP to feature a traffic cone slalom, which so many riders insist on practicing for. That's the day the rider with the hottest tyres is going to look stupid I guess.

Incidently half of the stuff I wrote (using an iPhone) is missing off my posts (you lucky people) not that half the story ever led to anything bad.

Dario - Unregistered

April 11, 2012 12:48 AM

Let's hope Marquez moves on to MotoGP next year and leaves Moto2 and stops taking dumps on the sport.

I hated when Barbera did it in China in 250cc, and I hate it now. Doesn't matter that race direction didn't give him a penalty. It's dirty and I lost all respect for him. Not only has he got the fastest bike (he blew past Ianone after a pretty average exit), he has to cheat too. F--- Marquez, what a ******.

All you have to give the other guy is 2 feet of tarmac, and you can't even do that, huh.

Dan - Unregistered

April 11, 2012 1:41 AM

How far are riders of this caliber going to be allowed to screw up others to win. Just take someone's line at the last second of a very fast corner and force them out of the race. There is no place for crap like that in GP. Next they will be pushing each other off track like Max did in earlier motogp. It's b.s.

« 8 9 10 11 12 13  »