MotoGP » Nicky Hayden gets MotoGP test time at Mugello

Nicky Hayden to join the Ducati Test Team at Mugello this week.

Hemmy - Unregistered

April 17, 2012 11:02 PM

People might have thought Stoner/Ducati were 'failing' at the time, but ironically it tales Mr Rossi for people to understand that going by Rossi/Ducati in 2011, the seasons of 08 09 and 10 were not failures at all, but truely amazing years for Stoner/Ducati.

Its ironic that 2011 has exposed the true potential of both Rossi and Stoner, but on complete oppostit ends of the scale!

Well done Casey, poor show Valentino.

CrApPy DaYs 2 HaPpY dAyS - Unregistered

April 17, 2012 11:32 PM

Off the subject, today i am grinning like a cheshire cat!
With the help of some substantial inheritance money, i am the new proud owner of a KTM-1190-RC8-R :):):)

Time now to sell my 2009 yzf-r1 :(

Back on subject, they giving Hayden the test ride because he...........F'in well deserves it ffs!

RawDawg

April 18, 2012 1:32 AM

"Oh my! So 'Realist', how would you describe 2011 if you think that 08 09 10 were a 'failure' for Ducati/Stoner."

@Hemmy

You're in my head and took the words straight out of my mouth.

It's hilarious to me that now the Stoner knockers/Rossi apologist are twisted in a knot. If they bad mouth what Stoner did at Ducati (which he of course won more races than Val) shouldn't they be talking down on their hero whose accomplishments on the Ducati isn't even in the same universe as what Stoner did?? Seriously, we are talking multiple pole and race winning seasons to what? A single podium? The hypocrisy is amazing isn't it?

But of course we are talking about Realist here who in one breath said he "give little credibility to what a journalist says" (even though he doesn't work int he paddock and has to rely on them for whatever he knows) yet goes on to repeat a forum poster saying Stoner and Dani tested 40 chassis last year. lol. Yeah, hypocrite personified.

pcxmac - Unregistered

April 18, 2012 1:43 AM

you can also look at it this way, if Yamaha continue to give Spies poor support and Ducati manage to better Tech 3 by the middle of the year, Rossi could very will finish the same place that Stoner did the last two years he was at Ducati.

Realist

April 18, 2012 2:07 AM

@ GPSLAVE, CRT and Hemmy

Don't read too much into the use of the word "failure". By failure, I meant capable of winning a championship. I am well aware of what Stoner was able to accomplish on the GP, and I don't need a constant reminder (nor do I need to have my words over-analyzed).

@ RawDawg

I'm no Stoner knocker nor am I a Rossi apologist. Do not group me with those who are, or who have been, regular Crash contributers. I just began contributing to this site less than a couple of months ago, and I have never failed to acknowledge Stoner's strengths (nor Valentino's), so there is no precedent for which to base that statement on (at least where I'm concerned). In general I try to remain neutral, and prefer to focus on objective metrics rather than subjective.

Realist

April 18, 2012 2:11 AM

@ RawDawg

I value your input whether I agree or disagree, but please put in the effort to ensure that your "facts" are straight if you're going to take jabs. I present a fair amount of conjecture just like EVERYBODY ELSE ON THIS FORUM. None of us know what is going on in the paddock, yet everybody has some sort of supposition to offer, be it neutral, positive or negative. My opinion is no more or less valid than yours or anybody other Crash contributer (although many members here post some downright unintelligible things). My statement about how many chassis changes/parts tested didn't come from Crash (I don't, nor would I ever, consider regurgitating information from this website), so please refrain from the diatribe.

BTW, journalists are journalists. Some also double as sensationalists, and I recognize that. The perspective of a journalist isn't gospel, so I take it at face value, and nothing more.

Claes

April 18, 2012 2:23 AM

Hi
The rules about testing is about amount of tyres they can test with The riders have X amount of tyres each to do 2012 testing, Rossi used his up but Nicky had some left therefor he is testing
Hayden have so far never been on a MotoGP bike designed for him, he is lucky if the No1 rider have the same style as him i.e. Casey. He is a good rider and he did beat Danni on a Danni bike and he did beat Rossi, he might not be a winner but he is a Dovi always doing his best and at this point his best is pretty good if you look at the other Ducatis
Cheers Claes