MotoGP » Rossi: We have a base to start from

"By the end of the three-day test in March, we had found a decent set-up for the GP12, so we have a base to start from" - Valentino Rossi.

Ausrossi

April 25, 2012 2:16 PM

Nah Nick I am a massive Rossi fan but I can't argue with your post. I think he would of been up with Hayden but even so he should be doing better. However conversely I also agree that at this stage in his career he sees no reason to risk his neck over-riding teh bike. Having seen what happened to Lascorz I think brings it home that it can happen to anyone anytime. I think Stoner was quite lucky not to have received a more serious injury equally, I think given the parity in performance he may have one of his season brain fades once it becomes obvious he can't simply disappear from Jorge. Could be a good season in that sense. Come on Vale.

Nick636

April 25, 2012 2:27 PM

@ Go Vale 46

He was in the gravel trap after Rossi ploughed him off the track, watching 4/5 marshals helping Rossi back on track.

@ Ausrossi

Nice, fair comment. I hope Qatar really was arm pump. I would not like if he fell apart. But I am genuine whn I say it would be great to see Rossi back at the sharp end. I do fear it'll be another Jorge/Casey year though.

GO ON CS27!!!! Sorry, I mean CS1!!!!

Osvaldo - Unregistered

April 25, 2012 3:48 PM

Thing is, Valentino will just see it through to the end of the year and the end of his contract. He knows he will bounce back, he knows he still has the hunger in him to win, he knows he has made a big mistake, he knows you know!!!!

ben - Unregistered

April 25, 2012 4:17 PM

go champ go...no matter what, we are with you..always...comon 46 brigade..let shout it aloud..46 the Greatest of all time...u proved u r a great racer..now time to prove your a winner in life too..adversities..make you a man..comon 46:)u r an engima

SwissJudge

April 25, 2012 4:24 PM

This seems to be going around in circles.

The best facts to go on are race results. Sadly not what Rossi is saying. I would love to be a fly on the wall at Ducati HQ. On second thoughts no thanks, all the flies have probably been slaughtered from the tools flying around.

SwissJudge

April 25, 2012 4:27 PM

FP said that if Ducati chooses the same route as the Japanese then they loose every time. This is now not the case with VW backing.

I see Ducati/VW beating the japanese at their own game. I.e. paying more for the talent and better decisions on the future direction Ducati takes.

Had they stuck with the steel trellis how many more WC's would Stoner have won? I say at least one more.

DUCATI - Unregistered

April 25, 2012 5:07 PM

it's not only frameless ducati gp11 etc etc that lost front feel read this.

This 23-photo sequence shows South African Superbike rider Chris Leeson crashing his Ducati 1199 Panigale in Turn 1 at the Kyalami Race Track. Chris was entering the turn at high speed when he lost the front over the track's notoriously bumpy pavement. No major injuries, to the rider at least. As you can see in the photos, the Ducati sheds pretty much every major sticky-outy part.

that wil give other riders confidence!
if you push to hard with the gp11 11.1 etc etc or the panigale you WILL lose the front!!

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »