MotoGP » Stoner calls for flag-to-flag MotoGP changes

"They definitely need to do something after what happened last year" - Casey Stoner.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

mick - Unregistered

April 27, 2012 5:23 PM

I agree completely.The sport is dangerous enough as it is without riders being potentially forced to fit the wrong tyres because of varying weather conditions.The race was indeed spoiled last year for quite a few riders.

derekducati - Unregistered

April 27, 2012 6:11 PM

Casey talking complete sense on this issue. The guy talks sense about most things to do with racing. I remember last year he said something to Rossi after the wet race (on topic) that I think a lot od people agreed with!! ha ha!

fanofthesport

April 27, 2012 6:23 PM

Wasn't he saying that the constantly changing rules were annoying a week ago?? I don't really care, and I am a Stoner fan, but I wanted to throw that in before some stoner hater had a chance to!

Request seems reasonable and prudent

Ronnie - Unregistered

April 27, 2012 6:30 PM

I think the rules are fine as they are, the circumstances that they are talking about are very rare and it all comes down to tyre management & strategy. Historically Stoner has made some poor decisions when it comes to tyre choices, I'm thinking Donington 2009, so I'm not supprised he wouldnt mind a change to the rules.

steve jackson - Unregistered

April 27, 2012 7:15 PM

I really don't see why you should have to go out on a different tyre, the rule should just be a flag to flag race, come in and swap the bike as many times as you like and go out on what ever tyre combination you like, the penalty of going slow in pit lane and the time wasted swapping machines should be penalty enough, so what's all the crap about having to change to a different tyre, surely the tyre choice should be down to the rider END OF. Come on govening body accept a mistake when your wrong and let the riders decide.

1motion

April 27, 2012 7:58 PM

stoner is right... Livo is wrong

slowing people down on purpose for safety, yet the tires become so bad that they make people wreck... congratulations on having no idea what you are talking about...