MotoGP » 13th place Valentino Rossi still at odds with Ducati

“I know what to do to go faster, but unfortunately it doesn't work with the Ducati” - Valentino Rossi.

Realist

April 28, 2012 6:43 PM

@ Krusty

I'm with you! I wish I knew what was really going on behind the scenes because all we get is media spin and/or sensationalism.

@ MdZane

I disagree, especially when we're talking about people who have been riding motorcycles professionally for decades. The bike should suit the rider, not the other way around.

It is quite interesting how many peaks and valleys the team experiences. Something is really awry here, and whether it's due to a lack of communication, engineering or some proclivity to disregard rider feedback, Ducati is in a heap of trouble. Let's hope for some surprising race results.

Sparky62 - Unregistered

April 28, 2012 6:48 PM

End of excuses. Get rid of him! His previous achievments are irrelevant. He is getting paid a lot of money and there is no way he is earning it. He is a waste of a factory ride that a younger rider would appreciate and get better results.

Southerner

April 28, 2012 6:56 PM

HUH ? The bike should suit the rider ? If the bike don't suit you get shot of it and find one that does.
Lack of communication ? Never did here about Rossi's Japanese acumen back then when he was winning at HRC/Yam. Italian I believe he and Ducati are.
Ducati in a heap of trouble ? With Nick on the front row,Audi having injected a lifeline and acquired the marque.
NAH! Ducati and Preziosi ain't in trouble,its just the bloke that gave the finger to Yamaha and HRC that is.
When these Rossi/Ducati rumours first came to the fore many of us decried the move as a Melandri'esque disaster in the making. By now they must be burning yellow#46 dolls in the square in old Bologna.

Ronald Revsak

April 28, 2012 7:00 PM

I think VR / JB have done a good job with the Ducati, all the other bikes are doin well & NH is on the front row & said its the best Ducati he's ridden so the move to an alloy frame must have been a good thing. The issues are obviously with Rossi and I think it's probably a mixture of things that are making it so he feels like he can't push it. The crash at mugello probably made him realise he can get hurt, he had problems adapting to the carbon frame Ducati last year and said he couldn't get the feel he needed, then he was involved in the accident with Simoncelli which must have made him feel that the risks are a bit closer to home, water of a ducks back when you're in you're 20's but it all gets a bit too real when you're 30 something. I think back to the things I used to do on my RGV 250 when I was 17 and I think I must have been mad nearly 20 years later. It's all about confidence.

RSMick

April 28, 2012 7:01 PM

I think Rossi would walk now if Philip Morris didn't have the best lawyers in the world, have you known them lose a case?
I am not a Rossi fan in any way, I am not a fan of anyone really I love bike racing and if it wasn't for Nicky, even Hector and Karel, this would look very bad for Ducati.
Still we don't know when Rossi used his soft tyres.

al t - Unregistered

April 28, 2012 7:28 PM

I do not believe he has lost his ability to ride. But I wonder if the leg break/ shoulder injury and more importantly the death of Marco has had a bigger effect on him mentaly than he or others have acknowledged. I hope it isn't as the mental battle is harder to beat than physical injuries.

Realist

April 28, 2012 7:34 PM

@ Southerner

If it weren't a contractual thing, I'm sure that switching bikes would be an easy fix, but unfortunately VR is stuck with Ducati, and Ducati is stuck with VR.

The "lack of communication" statement had nothing to do with indigenous languages dude. Come on!

Nicky is on the front row. Big wow in the grand scheme of things. That could easily be brought to terms in the first corner (or on the straight for that matter). Audi's involvement "in GP" is all speculation at this point, so until they actually "inject the lifeline", let's leave that out of the discussion.

@ RSMick

I agree that if VR could leverage a way out, he would! He's sticking with Ducati because he has to.

From Russia with Love - Unregistered

April 28, 2012 7:36 PM

I think Vale is not staying with Ducati whatever he says. This union simply does not work. Not that it couldn't work. It's just Vale and Preziozi can't make it together. So it looks to me that Vale just does not want to work like this (with Preziozi).

This is NOT rider's inability quetion nor technical question! That is all.

Realist

April 28, 2012 7:38 PM

@ al t

It is plausible that the death of Simo COULD have affected Rossi to the point that it is affecting his approach to the game (although I personally doubt that since VR lost a friend during his early years, and it didn't stop him from winning or trying to win at that time), but the broken leg is a non-issue. Anybody who watched VR's post-accident return in 2010, and who is reasonable and not dedicated to rampant vitriolism, should, in no way, shape or form believe that his leg is of any concern today.

TimBo - Unregistered

April 28, 2012 7:39 PM

People who say he can only ride "electronic" bikes seem to miss the fact he won the last 500 title, a bitch of a bike that few mastered, he won races in his first season on it and the title in his second season ... there is obviously something wrong here, Hayden is 3rd, the grid don't lie, maybe he is lacking feel, the crash with Marco, who knows, perhaps a mix of things,but a 9 times champion doesn't lose it overnight.
But he is honest .. he can't enter the corners well, acknowledges it is his problem.... Rossi on an Aprilia in MOTOGP next season doesn't look so impossible now they are quicker than he is on the Ducati, how quick would a works one be?

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »