MotoGP » Spanish MotoGP, Jerez - Warm-up

Full warm-up times from the Spanish MotoGP at Jerez, round 2 of 18.

bikenut - Unregistered

April 29, 2012 11:39 AM

@madskillz

yeah I imagine that work with the screwdriver would make you something of an expert and well positioned to judge Stoners integrity......

Please, I suspect he has better things to do than make up stories, he doesnt need to justify his performance, hes doing great

Dr. Not - Unregistered

April 29, 2012 11:39 AM

"The only thing I could of done to ease the pain or get better was rest.
Posted by madskillz"
I think what you have said is correct, and also what Stoner indicated ie. he had to ease off "rest" the arm.

Also whether anyone believes him or not, No one would so publicly claim an issue in this sphere if it was not accepted as a condition, indeed having just read Beattie's description I now have a better understanding, and it could also have been conceivably been exagerated by restricted blood flow (from memory tight gloves were mentioned)- a simple analogy is also fainting, often through lack of oxygen to the brain for various reasons, hyperventilating and so on (we might have to start refering to it as head pump - chuckle!).

Nick636 - Unregistered

April 29, 2012 11:41 AM

Madskillz

You are very much mistaken. Take that sensation you felt from tightening a screw, and times it by 100. I have experienced this as Well, mountain biking. Except you would still have to add the HUGE braking force, pulling a clutch, twisting a throttle and holding on at the massive acceleration that these guys deal with. Add to that the fact that you're doing it over and over and over, corner after corner. I cant remember exactly Where i found It, But i found an article about it on google the other day. It's very dangerous in fact, if not attended, can lead to MASSIVE muscle damage. Again, this is not the common 'swollen' feeling experienced from tightening things.

Locky - Unregistered

April 29, 2012 11:50 AM

No one with a brain can doubt the talent and bravery of GP riders, but is the racing interesting ?
That is the question.
GP currently is not and in fact it would be great to see the Spanish dwarves arrive en masse in WSB to add to the spice.
As things stand we have a Spanish league called GP and an Italian league called Superbike which produces better racing.
BSB also is well run and produces great sport.
GP is a Spanish business to promote their interests and not the sport.
Which is why British riders struggle as only BBC is on their side.
So go to Silverstone and watch some proper men race.

madskillz - Unregistered

April 29, 2012 12:11 PM

I never tried to compare professions that would be absurd.And I did say I could be wrong about him having a legit condition.I just voiced my opinion as to arm why I thought he was making it up.I never said that I had arm pump.I said something similar in the sense that I couldn't squeeze anything without experiencing considerable pain.I too ride bikes and couldn't imagine trying to squeeze on the clutch lever with the condition I had(lactic acid build up,thanks whoever corrected me).If Stoner indeed have arm pump and the condition is truly 100 times worse Kudos to him.I would've pulled in and wouldn't give a hoot what the media and anyone thought about my decision for doing so.

ritchy - Unregistered

April 29, 2012 12:13 PM

Good one casey, your fans are standing out in the rain waiting to watch the 'big boys' in warmup and you don't want to go out so you can save tyres??? Same for everyone dude...you better come good in the race boy!

« 1 2 3 4 5  »