MotoGP » Stoner surprised by Jerez victory

“I thought I could go away with Jorge and Dani for the chance of a podium” – Casey Stoner.

RIck180268 - Unregistered

April 29, 2012 4:36 PM

@bayokyuk. Have you been on the moon for the last few years. Yes Rossi won in those years but Stoner won more races on the bike that Rossi can't ride and mayby had Stoner not fallen off trying to go for wins rather than settling for thirds and forths he would have been a quadruple world champion. Mind you you won't see Rossi falling off to much because you have to ride fast to do that. Rossi is going the same way as Melandri

al t - Unregistered

April 29, 2012 4:59 PM

A strong win by Stoner, but let's not get carried away, there was only 2.4 seconds seperating the top four. Crutchlow to my mind was the ride of the day, to be up there in only his second season. The Ducati has made no progress,Neither Rossi or Hayden look like getting a result, regardless of qualifying. But the biggest question is, what has happened with Spies?

NigolT

April 29, 2012 5:02 PM

I wish all the bikes were identical. The action would be tremendous!!! But alas, manufacturers have to sell bikes I guess. I secretly think the riders would love that concept. Let's face it, they can give a rats ass about sales, they are in it for the adrenaline rush and their love of racing!!!!

SMH - Unregistered

April 29, 2012 5:39 PM

Superb performance from Casey but I don't think it will be a run away championship. There are several contenders looking quite strong. So excited to see how this season develops!

Dynamic Donkey - Unregistered

April 29, 2012 5:45 PM

Stoner under estimated his own talent there.He was convincing himself that any podium finish would be good.But he should have known that it would only be a matter of time before he won at Jerez.Someone with his exceptional capabilities is always going to get the victory eventualy.Scratch Jerez off his to do list!

DUCATI - Unregistered

April 29, 2012 6:48 PM

I like Stoner
I like Jorge
I like dani a little less

But i don't like some stoner fans being a little childish.

The DADDY
Watch the alien of the aliens
Biggest cajones in the world
The motorcycle whisperer
etc
etc

I would say go stoner go jorge go dani go cal gogogo

i would say overhyped stonerfans take it EASY.

this does not apply to the normal stoner fans!
Witness the awesomness that is CASEY STONER!!

BOSSMAN1 - Unregistered

April 29, 2012 7:05 PM

the people with the biggest balls is not stoner or the motogp riders but the iom riders. dont get me wrong the motogp guys have titanium balls but the iom have diamond balls

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »