MotoGP » Fresh hope for Valentino Rossi?

“Today we used a set-up that's new for us, and it gave some positive signs” - Valentino Rossi.

No1StonerFan

April 30, 2012 10:03 AM

With the Duc the only thing that works great on that bike is the engine.

So the next thing they are going to change to fix the problem is the engine.

They'll be plucking steel capped boots from there ass if this don't fix it.

Codger - Unregistered

April 30, 2012 10:05 AM

I got my name wrong again, I don't know if it's me or the laptop. Sounds like Rossi and his Duc.
Blah, I would agree with you to a point. My query is why was Rossi lapping quicker at the end of the race than Nicky did when he was riding hard enough to destroy his tyres. Was it the difference in their settings, or was it Rossi getting some confidence back? Or different tyres?

smh - Unregistered

April 30, 2012 10:08 AM

@Ben, dude juist listen to yourself.

Rossi said "I was riding IT to the limit" hand Doohan said "He clearly isnt riding toe the limit"

I thought it was Rossi ho was riding Theo boek not Doohan.

DB8

April 30, 2012 10:10 AM

It seems the penny may have dropped slightly with Vale. Yes, you're a 9 time champion, but that counts for nothing once you start a new season.

I think the realisation that he has to really look at himself and change his style and not just sit back and put 100% blame on the factory is a positive, its a shame the realisation came 1 season and 2 races too late, but he's thinking like that now. Lets wait and see.

shamarone

April 30, 2012 10:31 AM

re: "ducati design philophysy is wrong"

28 championships, 22 years, and 17 riders say different.

re: "if you cant beat them then join them!"

it's that kind of faulty thinking that's got their a$$e$ in the sling that it is now.

Ray - Unregistered

April 30, 2012 10:34 AM

People see to love to hate Rossi now that he isn't at the front of the pack. Whether you like him or not you have to admit the racing is a lot less exciting without him up there battling it out!

Merenge - Unregistered

April 30, 2012 10:38 AM

Ducati still holds it's reputation as the best production bike. Something is wrong with the desmocedici. It's either mechanical, electrical, or as some suggest, inability of the rider to ride the duke to it's full potential. They already change the former, how bout' changing the former for a change.

DB8

April 30, 2012 10:45 AM

@ wow - we don't ALL bag stoner. I'm a Rossi fan and I'll admit I didn't like Stoner when he was on the Ducati, but he's won my respect now by being so dominant on the Honda, and also he has made me realise how great a rider he is considering what he got out of the Ducati.

I'll support Rossi until he retires, although I do know he is not the be all and end all of Moto GP.

ja - Unregistered

April 30, 2012 10:53 AM

rossi now realises that ducati are not going to change for anyone , and sole reason behind them signing valentino was to boost the price of ducati that has just been sold to audi who by the way arnt interseted in motogp but like wsbk much more , which leads me to beleave that ducati way not be in the motogp after this season , rossi is either going back to yamaha or moving on if he leaves then motogp will collapse behind him. and dorna know it !

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »