MotoGP » Ben Spies apologises after ‘pathetic’ race

“I didn't have a good feeling with the bike, it was a pretty pathetic race really for me” – Ben Spies.

aeolus

April 30, 2012 2:46 PM

Is there another rider on the grid that is underperforming so massively as Spies?
Rossi? If one considers that Casey was able to win races with the Ducati, yes.
But age might be factored in and the fact that Vale has insured his name is among the greats: he has nothing more to prove.

BmwZeke

April 30, 2012 3:02 PM

Some of you guys are right. I thought they moved him up too fast. Hes finishing just where I thought he would.
He isnt the great savior they thought he was. Lucky to get a contract next time.

RawDawg

April 30, 2012 3:04 PM

@inconvenience

You're not stupid so stop acting like it making up a false point. If I said Rossi doesn't belong in GPs you would have a point but that hasn't been my stance so you don't. If I said Rossi wasn't talented you would have a point but you don't. I'm sure you can clearly read were I say if Spies is gonna get himself fired with his current form. Is that not a fair and unbias assessment? If by saying he belongs in GPs is defending him than yeah, I am. But on the other side if you say he doesn't belong in GPs after 2 bad races than you can't be taken seriously.

UncleSam

April 30, 2012 3:18 PM

@inconvenience
Really? Come on man, why bash him again today? He admitted fault and made no excuses, what more do you want from him? Please just let it go. We get it, you HATE him and will never like him, your point has been made.

inconvenience

April 30, 2012 3:19 PM

quit squirming rawdawg, you know you've been FOUND OUT! two different standards for two different riders eh? Rossi's past success doesn't matter yet Spies' does?

if Ben Spies keeps finishing as the last of the prototypes on a factory yamaha then he doesn't deserve a GP ride...

Wacko - Unregistered

April 30, 2012 3:34 PM

Said it before and i'll say it again. His crew are holding him back at the moment. They did it in the early part of the season last year and it is all happening again. I half expected to hear that a preload spanner had been left on the bike or something like that. All the while Houseworth has been silent! Tough for a rider to go out and hang it all out when he has no confidence that his crew have done their job.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »