MotoGP » Ben Spies apologises after ‘pathetic’ race

“I didn't have a good feeling with the bike, it was a pretty pathetic race really for me” – Ben Spies.

UncleSam

April 30, 2012 3:45 PM

inconvenience would you feel better if every American rider and sponsor left the sport? I am just trying to gauge the depth of your hate and its source, because I doubt that Spies is really your issue. Do you hold him responsible for JT losing his ride, or are you after revenge on his fans for the JT slagging? Your issues are clearly running deeper than anything Spies has done or said. You beckon for honesty from everyone else, so come clean and be honest yourself.

inconvenience

April 30, 2012 4:04 PM

UncleSam, you are going off the rails. I'm pointing out why Spies is struggling, and that makes me an American hater? My favourite era of GPs was the era of American-domination from the late 80s to early 90s...

I never liked ToeJam, especially after what he did to Edwards

u did not know this ! - Unregistered

April 30, 2012 5:26 PM

well maybe he just aint enjoyin the paaddock and gp racing the way he should, and wants released from his contract,so he can go take up the impressive 2yr+ deal kawasaki in wsbk made him last week,a happy rider is a fast rider.

backtonormal - Unregistered

April 30, 2012 5:29 PM

@RawDawg

"I'm going to repost what I said yesterday because I really have nothing more to add at this point:"

Then you post another 4 times or more.

Like it or not you are biased towards spies ,maybe because he's american not italian !!!

Md Zane

April 30, 2012 5:34 PM

Is it me but I do think he looks Skinny,anything to do with cycling?

The bikes basically the same one from last year with a little more grunt.The tyres are slightly different,they may not be to Bens liking and getting hung up on the handlebar just contributed to his lack of confidence.

UncleSam

April 30, 2012 5:58 PM

@inconvenience
Why is it that anyone who questions you, and your motivations, is deluded or off the rails? It is clear that derive great pleasure from seeing Spies struggle and rather enjoy kicking him while he is down. Then again, maybe I am deluded because I asked you questions to understand your perspective better, but instead you again avoid direct questions and insinuate insults in return. Your opinion that his riding style doesn't translate to GP is just that YOUR opinion, not a fact! But the facts are that he soundly outperformed a former 250 champion who was on similar equipment both seasons he has competed in GP, in the form of Marco. He also had a better first two seasons than Dovizioso, another former 250 champion, so the SBK style cannot produce results in GP is simply not factually supported by the evidence. Please try again...

Realist

April 30, 2012 6:03 PM

@ inconvenience

What exactly is the "proper Grand Prix style"? That sounds ridiculous!

@ RawDawg (pg 4 post)

I have to admire your candor, but unfortunately life isn't always black and white.

@ RawDawg (pg 5 post)

I agree 100%.

@ UncleSam

Good point!

Mr T - Unregistered

April 30, 2012 6:08 PM

Spies was sure the era of 1000cc bikes would finally give him an advantage over his 135lbs competitors like Lorenzo, Stoner and Pedrosa. After all his greatest successes has been on 1000cc Superbikes. He races to win and that's what he lives for. Otherwise he would rather be out riding his bicycle. I'm sure it's been frustrating for him to see his gap to the Aliens actually widen this year with the 1000s in pre season testing. This has happened to Spies before. Look at his experience in AMA Supersport. He just gave up after he realized he could win and his mother blamed everyone else for his problems.

Spies is a great world class talent. But I'm afraid he is at the start of a downward spiral. He's a high cost, high maintenance rider. His mother is his manager and runs his life. You can bet she is now blaming everyone for Ben's problems and pissing off Yamaha and his crew. No wife, no girlfriend, no real manager and few friends to bring some balance in his life. Yamaha will not give B

Eddie - Unregistered

April 30, 2012 6:10 PM

I posted this yesterday, and I'll say it again.
He's under performing on a very competitive bike and needs to sort it fast, it's all very well saying he'll bounce back but you you can't afford to have a slow start in this company. He's already 35 points off top of the table 2 races in, like I said in this company that's pretty insurmountable giving how consistant the top three are. There'll be no new parts yet in the one week til Estoril, so he needs to sit down with his crew to find a decent setup and at least finish ahead of the satellite teams. When he started in MotoGP, he said he wasn't going to adapt the bike to his riding style, he was gonna adapt his style to suit the bike. So adapt...

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »