MotoGP » Stoner 'puts it together' for first Estoril pole

“We didn't really feel we had the pace to be on pole today, but after the red flag came out we were able to get out there and put together a good enough lap” – Casey Stoner.

Aussie - Unregistered

May 06, 2012 12:44 AM

I dont know what you guys think on here but after watching Qual. last night, I am starting to get a really bad feeling about having the CRT bikes on track with the GP bikes, there was a few close calls and when the top riders are flat out trying to get pole it will only take a wrong move and we could have a very serious accident. I think they should have CRT riders Qual. seperatly.

lemmy - Unregistered

May 06, 2012 1:03 AM

I have a feeling some of the more obnoxious Casey fans were once Rossi fans..in other words they follow whoever is on top. I just don't remember Casey having this many fans over the last 4-5 years. I am a huge fan of Casey since early 2006, but it seems like the number of people defending Casey has gone up exponentially in the last 1.5 years.

GJN - Unregistered

May 06, 2012 1:04 AM

@The reason Casey is yet to win here is because Ducati sucked at this track...

Yup yup yup! Its a tight track with an inconsistant surface. the track added just another ball for Ducatii pilots to keep in the air.

Re Aussie I concur. It would be a shame if a title contender crashed during qual while trying to miss a wandering CRT or was injured. Not to mention the CRT guy getting a blue or orange front wheel rammed up his butt.

But I know you were refering to the pole position. Yes it puts an element of luck into the equasion. Imagine if the title was won by 4 points and it came down to a lousy pole position because a CRT was in the way on qual? The winner would take the points but imagine the uproar.

8=> - Unregistered

May 06, 2012 2:29 AM

Looking at the sector times, I see it being very difficult for Stoner to keep ahead of Pedro and even more difficult if he is behind. Pedro has been consistently faster in the last 2 sections of the track. Could mean a lot of passing or maybe a lot stalking till the final laps. Then again, Crutchlow will be pushing for the podium and can imagine that might give Stoner, Pedro and Lorenzo a bit of hurry up if they're in 3rd.

This is looking good!

Joe - Unregistered

May 06, 2012 2:58 AM

The track conditions with the water seepage through the new surface tend to favour Casey, that is why he is up there with Jorge and Danny this year, not going to be another easy win for Danny

Googolplex

May 06, 2012 6:43 AM

lemmy,

I am an F1 fan, and developed an interest in Moto GP as a result of fellow Aussie Stoner looking the goods. So I suppose I am part of that number of new Stoner fans. Since I started watching, howver, I took a shining to Simo and CE. I was absolutely gutted after Simo's accident last year.

I had that awful feeling yestderday as I saw RDP and CE lying still on the track. I'm just glad they are both alive and hopefully CE can get back on the bike soon.

« 1 2 3 4  »