MotoGP » Bautista 'held up by Spies'

“On the very last lap I came up behind Spies in the first turn” – Alvaro Bautista.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Choco - Unregistered

May 05, 2012 7:04 PM

I expect him to be very competitive. I think he will dice it out with Spies and Crutchlow for the second group and this group will only be a whisker from the Aliens. Rain, tires crashes etc can turn the favor for anyone and bring misfortune for anyone. We have a very fast field this year. Yeah for MotoGP!

doh! - Unregistered

May 05, 2012 8:16 PM

There needs to be knock out qualifying...

While spies may have held up Bautista, I find it ironic that one of the wheel suckers who normally attaches themselves to faster riders is complaining that the person he sucked on to held up his lap...

bofthew

May 05, 2012 9:12 PM

Firstly: Thanks crash for always posting headlines which will bring the most comments and flame wars, no matter what. Pure class.

Secondly: To that anonymous dude accusing Bautista to have "sucked on" to Spies for his laptime, I suggest you watch the qualifying again and overthink your statement. Aside from that you don't seem to have done much actual watching of MotoGP lately anyway or your derogatory generalisation of Bautista allegedly always getting tows from others wouldn't have come up in the first place. You seem to confuse him with Barbera.

Mason

May 05, 2012 10:05 PM

in 125's all they ever did was tail and get the drag, they do it in moto 3 now, and in moto 2, i don't see them moining

if you don't want someone in your drag then let people pass and have a gap behind before a fast lap

drdan - Unregistered

May 05, 2012 10:26 PM

The camera was on Spies after he was blocked and I was shocked that he clearly stuck his leg out before entering turn 1, indicating that he was not on a hot lap. Now he still might have impeded Bautista, but it seems like he clearly indicated his intentions and I thought Bautista should have seen it. I did.

barracuda - Unregistered

May 06, 2012 9:09 AM

Spies did put his leg out, but if he was backing off he should still have got off the racing line or not backed off until he could get right out of the way.

You can't just put your leg out, slow down on the racing line and then say well I told you I was slowing down so it's not my fault.