MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: I managed to have some fun

"I was able to approach the race knowing what to expect from the bike, and I therefore managed to push harder and get a little closer to the limit" - Valentino Rossi.

SBY - Unregistered

May 07, 2012 2:01 AM

Lorenzo said in Autosport:
"At the end I didn't have the energy to pass, and my only opportunity was in the chicane but it was too risky. I wanted the points from second position."

Lorenzo just wants to have points, and you can bet that it will always be "too risky" any day.

Well, if Rossi is on Lorenzo's bike, we would have much better show, because Rossi won't let Stoner getaway easily.

Rossi wants to have "some fun" and not just "some points".

Now would Rossi haters understand why we love this guy and not so much Lorenzo nor Stoner?

Dare to disagree?

234523542 - Unregistered

May 07, 2012 2:06 AM

From the beginning of the last year, Rossi asked for a progressive & smooth engine. And the second year, ducati brough an abrupt & wild engine as always.
Man, these guys from ducati don't listen to anybody, they do what they like and blame the riders.

If I were Rossi, I would be really angry. Just tomorrow they are gonna test another engine.

Slide Rules! - Unregistered

May 07, 2012 2:29 AM

Can someone else do the calcs, but a quick glance tells me they are further behind than last year at the same stage!
I hate to be pessemitic, but even IF the bike is a podium contender by the last couple of races, I don't see Rossi sticking around for another try. If anything, Stoner looks as though he might be the one chasing motivation for one more year, now that would be interesting and even though he made his opinion of Domenicalli clear, how could ducati refuse him! If not, I fear Ducati are in one god awful mess.

StonerCryBaby - Unregistered

May 07, 2012 3:54 AM

I just want someone to think about this..Who here actually believes that Pedrosa is better rider than Rossi? If Rossi was on the same bike as Pedrosa who do you think would finish higher in a race. Ok, now think about this...Pedrosa is ALWAYS in the top 3. Now, you're telling me that on EQUAL equipment Rossi wouldn't be battling for one of the top 3 spots every race? Im not saying he would win every race, but you have to admit that he is a better rider than Pedrosa, at least give him that.

The King is Dead - Unregistered

May 07, 2012 4:25 AM

Rossi is a legend of the sport and deserves our thanks for carrying the sport on his shoulders for a decade, but his time is done.

I think the man has alot to answer for at Ducati. His direction has forced Ducati to forgo their engineering legacy of using the engine as a stressed member, be it trellis or monocoque to make him an 'Italian Yamaha'with a perimeter aluminium frame, to suit him.

Ducati were great for MotoGP because they were so different from the cookie cutter Japanese factories. Now he has what he wants and still thinks 7th is acceptable. I was shocked to hear that come from the mouth of the same competitor that mentally demoralised Sete and Max. How the mighty have fallen.

The King is Dead - Unregistered

May 07, 2012 4:32 AM

Also did anyone hear Steve Parrish's interview with JB before Jerez? He actually said 'now they are using the 'Deltabox' frame things can improve! If thats not proof they want an 'Italian Yamaha', then nothing is...Last I checked 'Deltabox' was a Yamaha trademark.

Ausrossi

May 07, 2012 4:39 AM

King what is this legacy crap again. Ducati tried a stressed member for a few years it doesn't work. In that context that legacy basically means death. They would not have won another WC and maybe never will but the whole idea of an engine as a stressed member was put to bed by other manufacturers a long time ago (my first bike a CB250 had a stressed member engine it was crap). What about Aprilia which has a strong pedigree and what does it run on the RSV4 an alu perimeter frame. Darwinism at its finest the best design succeeds the others can't compete and die away, is that what you want for Ducati.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »