MotoGP » Meregalli 'sure' Spies will be up front in France

“I am sure we will see Ben fighting with the front pack this weekend” - Massimo Meregalli.

Buckwheat - Unregistered

May 14, 2012 5:30 PM

As he's done with Rossi, so has Lorenzo also broken the confidence of team-mate Spies. Not one to succeed in a second-chair position, I'm afraid his best GP hopes are behind him.

TLRWinder - Unregistered

May 14, 2012 5:50 PM

Second chair position a bad thing for Spies? How do you think he developed his rise to success?? Mat Mladin certainly did NOT play second Fiddle to Ben when he first joined Yoshimura Suzuki. It's what Ben thrives upon. Give his team a few more races, he will show his true worth, trust!

Realist

May 14, 2012 6:07 PM

@ inconvenience

Hmm! What awkwardness? I didn't get that feeling from him at all. In fact, it sounded like the typical media statement.

@ Buckwheat

What? LMAO! You indubitably reside under a rock.

Realist

May 14, 2012 6:28 PM

@ inconvenience

I admittedly haven't read all of Meregalli's statements, but the few that I have read were similar in my opinion. The exception being his obvious elation when he made the following references/statements:

“When I flew over to sign for Yamaha World Superbike (for 2009), I thought team manager Massimo Meregalli was going to faint!” and “He was so excited about the possibility to work with me. It was an honour to give him the championship.”

...both regarding his Spies' venture into GP.

If you're referring to specific quotes, can you post the links?

Ivor Bueb - Unregistered

May 14, 2012 6:52 PM

Come on Spies, add a little interest FFS.

It has become a three tier championship with only JLo, Stoner and Pedrosa (and Spies if he wakes up) in the first tier.
The formula is not working when there are only three possible winners, followed by the satellites, Ducs, Spies and finally the CRTs

Either scrap the CRTs or more likely- scrap the pure prototypes. This is becoming boring.

Someone wake me up if it looks like Crutchlow might get a podium.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »