MotoGP » Rossi thrilled by WSBK 'brawl', MotoGP 'more tedious'

“What a brawl in the Superbike race... Unfortunately, our races have become much more tedious” – Valentino Rossi.

Reality - Unregistered

May 15, 2012 11:11 AM

@Sweeble...good post, though it's all opinion really..

I think there are a few facts here.
- "MotoGP isn't really a great show"...subjective mate. Some races can be a little boring..some can be outstanding. Whatever happens, you can rest assured your witnessing the best in world
- "Rossi was always part of any action that went on".."was"...on the best bike
- "At the moment for various reasons he's not doing anything useful on the Duc"..."been found out".."doesn't give a rats...collecting 15Mill regardless"
- WSBK (and WSS) is a very exciting series with full grids and plenty of action...for sure!
- "Adding Rossi to the WSBK grid would make that series a must see"..he'll never go. If he gets schooled there, like Ducati, his myth is smoked forever
- If that happened MotoGP would have trouble surviving..won't make any difference, someone else will come along. MotoGP won't live or die by Rossi.

Poddy

May 15, 2012 11:14 AM

@THE FAN,

You do know that the past is the past, hence why I dont say anything about Rossi not winning ANY races in the past 18 mths.

I was a BIG BIG fan of his in his early days and up until he started being a knob head in 09 and since he moved to the Duc he has become the biggest moaner of all time and no one or nothing is beyond him moaning about.

This is a very sad thing to see from someone who was so good.

You mention his backup plan what would that be? Considering his current results if its any good he should use it now.

EDIT by CRASH.NET! Crude comment removed. Remember, this site is accessed by youngsters.

happy - Unregistered

May 15, 2012 11:18 AM

The 2 races at Donnington have **** all over any motogp race I have seen for along time.
I follow both motogp & wsb and dont give a rats about all the technical jargen, just give me more of what I watched on Sunday.
If Rossi jumps ship good luck to him.

happy - Unregistered

May 15, 2012 11:18 AM

If Rossi jumps ship good luck to him.

somebody - Unregistered

May 15, 2012 11:20 AM

The problem with Rossi is that the more he shines the whole category mentally struggles and it's a disadvantage of him as I can see now. Going to WSBK he would rather put down this category also rather than bringing this so called brawl couse of creating wrong mentally environment. WSBK is good becouse they have different behave between riders and MotoGP during Valentino turned to bad behave as eg Melandri so often said (don't want to go back there, guess why...) That today's MotoGP is like it is (mentally, not technologically) we can thank no other person but Rossi.

nedTed - Unregistered

May 15, 2012 11:31 AM

All these reactions are pathetic. Rossi said nothing wrong here, he just spoke the truth. MotorGp has become a snooze fest. Other racing series are more exciting. These are the facts.

jay - Unregistered

May 15, 2012 11:39 AM

They should call Motogp time attack as that's what it's about fastest times no over taking no brawling.the second race at Donny was very good 1 race was good also in wsbk but feel sorry for BMW being taken out

Dave - Unregistered

May 15, 2012 11:48 AM

I agree with nedTed, does anyone actually believe the top three for any race this year will be other than any combination of Stoner, Lorenzo & Pedrosa?

You may have the odd interruption here and there but pretty much these guy's are the podium this year.

I don't consider myself different to anyone else and I have watched less and less over the last 4 years.

WSBK races usually have me on the edge of my seat while watching. As of late, GP is too predictable, three riders are going to be 1st, 2nd and 3rd and it will be between Yamaha and Honda.
Hope Yamaha joins WSBK again, there may be a certain GP Yamaha factory rider that may end up bumped back to WSBK if he dosen't start performing.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »