MotoGP » Rossi thrilled by WSBK 'brawl', MotoGP 'more tedious'

“What a brawl in the Superbike race... Unfortunately, our races have become much more tedious” – Valentino Rossi.

Liam48 - Unregistered

May 15, 2012 1:58 PM

@lemmy go look at the post race interviews at Estoril he said "Toni ride like a devil" then he said "the race was a lot of fun" I know this because I still have that race live!

It looks like Rossi likes any "brawl" not just a one sided one!

I think you should get your facts right before you open your mouth!

hoppy

May 15, 2012 2:04 PM

To be able to brawl,you need to get to the sharp end.No point bellyaching about tedious races when you are 30+ seconds behind the leaders.
Time to start pushing that Ducati a bit harder Val.

hoppy

May 15, 2012 2:08 PM

Ady.If MotoGP folded and all the riders moved to WSBK,do you think it would be better?
I somehow doubt it.I think you would still see Jorge,Casey and Dani dominating the races.Just on different bikes!

Aussie - Unregistered

May 15, 2012 2:15 PM

@LCTanner/McLaren
Mate I hope rossi gets a podium this year just for you because I am starting to feel REAL sorry for you I think it is getting very close to medication time,my advise to you just RELAX its only a bike race.

bjr - Unregistered

May 15, 2012 2:19 PM

Love him or hate him, you've got to admit Rossi is one of the smartest businessmen on the grid.

He pocketed HUGE dollars out of the move to Ducati, and now he's just throwing that lure right out there and see who bites the hardest.

Methinks he'd swap to SBK if the bike and dollars were right, and his fans would suck up his BS about how SBK is the only relevent motorcycle racing left...

Liam48

May 15, 2012 2:34 PM

EDIT by CRASH.NET! Poster attack removed.

Also during the later years of Gibernau he was the guy I was rooting for and I still saw a lot more great races than we get now!

I've been watching MotoGP since 2001 so I've seen the end of the 500cc, the 990cc, 800cc and now the 1000's and although Rossi did run off may I remind you a lot of the races were close battles with the likes of Gibernau, Biaggi, Barros, Capirossi then later it was with Stoner and Lorenzo although not so many battles in the previous years! I may be a Rossi fan now but bloody hell I want the racing to return to the 500 & 990 days!

Bip Bip Run - Unregistered

May 15, 2012 2:41 PM

A sign of greatness is to generate conversation and controversy.

"Stoner won a fantastic race" 150 comments
"Lorenzo fought hard to win the race" 150 comments

I am not saying this is one is better than the other one. I am just witnessing some simple hard facts.

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »