MotoGP » Casey Stoner: Why I'm leaving MotoGP

“This isn't a two standard series. This is a MotoGP championship. This is a prototype championship” – Casey Stoner.

herewego - Unregistered

May 18, 2012 9:11 AM

Casey needs to toughen up!! He has two world championships to his name, more than most on the MotoGP grid will ever achieve, but it seems this isn't good enough. I don't know what Casey expects, but to be top of a sport that has been his life for the last 20 odd years, he seems to be giving it all up easily! His comments about all the changes and how he isn't happy with them need to be taken with a pinch of salt in my opinion, as a true racer would surely want to put everything he had into helping the sport improve and not just pack in and walk away!! Maybe Casey just doesn't like the fact that he is still not the most liked rider our there, or the most respected, but Casey has only himself to blame when it comes to popularity.

daniel kuchnia

May 18, 2012 9:13 AM

I'm very sad about the decision, that Casey made.
I hope he comes back soon.

But, I understand him. He is simply trully racer, he want to race and only race.

He was always and is the man, that spoken true about all (anti MotoGP fans named that moaning).

Casey, I am a big fan of you (not from begining, but since you 250 starts) and be honest, your retirement is comparing with retire from MJ from NBA for me... I dont watch since that NBA... But MJ cames back for few season, and I wish, you come back also.

I hope, you enjoys you private live, but when you become thinking about return, dont wait to long.
I and most of MotoGP fans have lost hmm, how can I say, a part of motivation to watch MotoGP, because you make a poor racing even when the bike is not perfect.

Very, Very sad...

Slamdunk - Unregistered

May 18, 2012 9:13 AM

He sounds like a man on a ledge saying he is going to jump!
If he is going to quit he should do it now today sod any contract it would would be more powerful against the Motogp dipsticks who have ruined the No.1 bike racing.

But it sounds to me that he wants someone to say he is right so he can carry on racing. Silence and mystery are so much more powerful than a statement bitching.

You should have been smarter.

herowassenna - Unregistered

May 18, 2012 9:19 AM

Obviously the British fans booing him at Donington got to him.
What a baby.
I grew up watching the likes of Lauda, Senna, Mansell, Alonso, or on bikes Sheene, Roberts, Doohan, Rossi and Simo.
Everyone of them true "men" that didn't give a flying fig what anyone thought of them.
There's so much speculation about Massa's situation at the moment and how the little fairy was affected by Germany 2010, but as I and countless others have said, if you haven't got the mental strength to compete atthe top level, then leave.
For that alone I doff my cap, the only courageous words he has ever uttered.
Prototypes, 500's, 800's two strokes, who cares, Moto2 and 3 have been brilliant, why? Because the riders are racing each other, not because the bikes are the fastest available.

marikson - Unregistered

May 18, 2012 9:22 AM

I'm not surprised but I'm sad that so many people complain about Stoner being a whinner or a moaner, etc. And so many people are so one sided for their favourite rider as if it where soccer (football). It's not important who your favourite rider is as long as you love motorbike racing. But when one is to passionate about his favourite rider I think one forgets the sport and falls into the media trap. Media creates heros and villains, it inflates peoples emotional reactions but it's also thanks to the media that we see a lot of racing. I think we ought to take only the best part of it and discard the forged stories. The only true story of bike racing is on the track and in the garages, anything else is the private life of the individuals involved in racing and one should respect it and leave it aside.

Sherlock - Unregistered

May 18, 2012 9:24 AM

I'm sad and this will make sport very dull to someone like me who likes to watch awesome riding.

Nothing taken away from Lorenzo but his riding is just plain boring. I enjoy watching Casey sliding and throwing that bike around like madman!

And just think what this will do to Lorenzo. Casey has been benchmark of speed to him. Who will stop Lorenzo from cruising to victories now. I don't see Pedrosa doing it.

al t - Unregistered

May 18, 2012 9:25 AM

I'm not a great fan of Casey, but everyone has to recognise his incredible talent. He may not be regarded as the best ever, because of his lack of title wins through the lower classes, however had he continued I'm sure he would have gone onto be the best ever in the motogp class.people knock his lactose intollerance, however we are talking about an athlete who puts his body through incredible strain throughout a race wekend, any motabilism complaint will reflect more negatively. If he rides this well clearly at times feeling like crap, he should be commended. Lets hope all this Stoner/ Rossi bashing nonsense comes to an end. The pressure is now off. Expect Casey to walk the title this year.

Hellboy - Unregistered

May 18, 2012 9:27 AM

The level of intellect on these forums is just depressing. The same f***wits that booed Stoner at DOC at Donnington. Sure, he's not Mr Charisma but we watch these guys ride RACE. And I don't care what you think about Rossi, this generation Stoner pushes harder and does things with a bike that defy physics. Instead of blind fanboyism, appreciate his genius and admit that you've helped push away one of the greatest riders we've seen. And that is a shame.

ellis - Unregistered

May 18, 2012 9:29 AM

Good for him, he is rite the show is boring and its nit the riders fault. He says he retiring from moto gp, clutching at straws but maybe wsb, or if he really wants a battle bsb.

Hamlet - Unregistered

May 18, 2012 9:30 AM

The main reason why Stoner is portrayed negatively by the European Media (namely Spain Italy and the UK) is because they are very bitter in defeat.

They are incapable of acknowledging that their local rider were not up to the task of beating the other riders, so the resort to excuses why they were defeated, when the run out of excuses they resorted to Character assassination. Yet the say Stoner complains too much, Hypocrisy...

The saddest thing about this is that Media is reflective of their audiences demographic. Want more proof look how the play football, I rather attend Hamlet than watch soccer at least there is a plot to go with all posturing.

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  »