MotoGP » Casey Stoner: Why I'm leaving MotoGP

“This isn't a two standard series. This is a MotoGP championship. This is a prototype championship” – Casey Stoner.

disbelief

May 18, 2012 9:37 AM

The next time someone says that Rossi has been good for the sport with all the fans he has brought in, think of this thread. I have for years argued that Rossi has been a malign influence and the only thing Rossi has ever been good for is Rossi. A sizable number of his fans have slowly been destroying the sport's greatest asset - its cameradrie, and now they have been a major influence in Stoner getting fed up - and still they can't stop bitching.

I think I will give up too - until Rossi goes and his ***** element fans (which thinkfully is not all his fans) go with him.

Kelvin - Unregistered

May 18, 2012 9:39 AM

This just goes to show what mettle a true champ of Rossis stature is made of. Look at the last 18 months he has had to endure....but I dont see him crying in his corn flakes. We all knew that Casey could not handle the mental side of the sport, he was always upset by what some rider said or did, or what the press said ...and now he has confirmed it. A waste of a talent. Jeez he was coming first for a lot of his career....how do all the other guys that come in at 2 down to 15 etc handle it....if they all had this attitude there would be only about 5 riders on the grid. You can't have everything all your own way Casey....maybe try to MAN UP a little bit.

Mercure - Unregistered

May 18, 2012 9:45 AM

Wish Stoner would stop destroing his name with all his unfounded and childish complaints, you are our gladiators and we the spectators will put you on a throne and just as quickly replace you by another...

Ausrossi

May 18, 2012 9:45 AM

I also can't help feeling that he is avoiding CRT because it may end up like WSBK, cut and thrust take no prisoners racing and alot of the kinds of stuff Stoner called "Not what I call racing". Also he mentions the lactose intolerance, very simple way of shutting people up it's called a doctor's report I tried googling to find mention of a specific doctor who put his name to the diagnosis but I struggled produce that I will never mention it again. And I am not saying it doesn't exist I just couldn't find it.

samas

May 18, 2012 9:49 AM

So sad but who can blame him Ducati went shopping for a replacement rider when he was ill, Vale said he wasn't trying hard enough (what you done since Vale)he's been abused and not amused on this site (as a lot of his defenders posts have been deleted as no doubt this one will)why would anyone in his right mind put up with all the vitriol he cops. As someone who's followed GP racing for over 60 years and seen all the greats Casey will go down in this old mans memory in the top 3.and possibly the best (can't make up my mind)but Vale's not one of them.

ffs - Unregistered

May 18, 2012 9:54 AM

@ Kevin, You are 100 percent correct.

Stoner deserves his reputation as a moaner.

Stoner has ridden pretty good bikes most of his career and had good results.

What about all those riders struggling, like Vermeulen who would give his left and right nut for the chances Casey had.Still fighting for a chance. Riders like Vermeulen, riding crap bikes but not complaining publicly.

Look at Rossi, 9 titles, retirement age, riding the POS Ducati and he still battles on for two years and will continue to race.

Casey is a disgrace and an embarrassment to Australians and their no whinging gut it out attitudes.

Shakermaker - Unregistered

May 18, 2012 9:54 AM

It's frustrating to think about what we'll miss. Just watching him drift is sublime and I suppose we should be grateful for what he gave. Hope he doesn't live to regret it though. I remember watching genious Freddie Spencer clinch the 250 and 500 championships in one year then he threw it all away, I wonder what his advice would be?

Shakermaker - Unregistered