MotoGP » Casey Stoner: Why I'm leaving MotoGP

“This isn't a two standard series. This is a MotoGP championship. This is a prototype championship” – Casey Stoner.

bitterbierce

May 18, 2012 5:30 AM

Wait -- so candidly, he's really just pissed that no one understood his lactose intolerance? Or at least how important it was to him to have that be the reason he missed so much of the season? WHAT? He's retiring because his feelings are hurt?

My goodness -- if it's that overwhelming, then by all means retire. Also, all of you "family first" people, I am totally in agreement that family comes before career -- BUT THAT'S MENTIONED BY CASEY AS *NOT* A FACTOR IN HIS DECISION. Nope -- it's his tender feelings, his love for prototypes, and his concern for -- wait for it -- RANDY DE PUNIET that is driving him away. Dammit, Casey -- I OWN YOUR HELMET REPLICA. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ARTICULATE A BETTER REASON THAN "MYYYYYY FEEEEEWINGS WERE HWURT BY THE BAD MANS OF THE PRESSSSSSSSSS."

NigolT

May 18, 2012 5:34 AM

If I'm not standing up on my feet, yelling and throwing things at the TV set, then MotoGP is dead in the water!! UNLESSSSSSS, some serious changes are implemented by powerful people with Godzilla BALLS!!!!! ROUGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

dacron

May 18, 2012 5:40 AM

every human being has fragility , only fools that hide behind a pc can can appear to be above perfect.
i have worried for years how much more this man can take before walking out the door , the general public that mouths off behind a pc to belittle and demoralize someone that is clearly far superior to themselves is a very hard thing to continue living with. especially being Australian where this behavior is not worth hanging around for.
i have said many times that riders do read these threads at times , but there is no cure for individual stupidity that so many suffer from.
who would want there child to grow up and read such negative slander aimed there father!!
stoner is a wise man with solid principles and convictions , but what can one do when speaking the truth only brings a wall of criticism? from an over unappreciative public .
wise people will applaud and appreciate when the highest quality is presented to them , whereas the the kindest act from the wicked is harshly cruel.

SwissJudge

May 18, 2012 5:44 AM

Now all we need is for the other two Robots to leave, then we can have an interesting championship with riders that have personalities.

My heart bleeds for Stoner. No really!

Not much but negative words for motoGP. It takes a great man to make such negative comments eh? A very civilised young lad?

It will be a great loss for the Swiss village where he hangs out. We'll all miss saying hello to him at the local Kiosk. Although I tend to OVER LOOK him. I am six foot two you know.

It would be interesting if ROSSI gets the Honda spot eh? I'm sure there are a lot of Stoner fans who will LOVE to see that happen.

Ducati with VW money is going to dominate soon with BMW comming to the party after and I would not be surprised to see Honda and probably Yamaha leave as a result. Honda has done this before when the MV Agusta rocket ship dominated with Ago.

Cheerio and don't forget to have the house cleaned properly when you leave. You know how picky the Swiss are...

8=> - Unregistered

May 18, 2012 5:44 AM

The thought of those crappy CRTs is bad enough but the best rider going around atm leaving has just about nuked my interest. Who wants to watch the best of the rest on dinky dumbed down bikes? Not me!

Way to go Dorna!

Dave - Unregistered

May 18, 2012 5:47 AM

Great career and should be recognised as such. Well done!

It does concern me where the sport is heading but I have beleived this for a number of years. What is confusing to me is that when Rossi fans talk of the doom if Rossi leaves, the Stoner fans say "rubbish". Now however, the Stoner fans are all "the sky is falling".

I think both Rossi & Stoner fans need to grow up, pull there heads out you know where and understand these guy's are in the sport for various different reasons and that the sport has its own agenda (money) so credit where it's due...all these guy's are damn good, some win and some don't.

How bad are you really if you finish 30 seconds behind someone after 110km's? Think about that next time you go for a ride with your mates!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »