MotoGP » Stoner: A weight off my shoulders

“After yesterday's announcement, I definitely felt a weight off my shoulders when I got on the bike this morning” – Casey Stoner.

Podster - Unregistered

May 19, 2012 6:48 AM

What is this krap that Stoner had no right to comment about the industry he is in and thats why he was Booed in the UK.

IMHO the FanBoyz have killed Motogp and Stoner is a bigger man to say, you can't catch me, I'm the WC AGAIN and you know what , I can't be bothered with the fan boy fools and the anti aussie media, I'm outta here.

Maybe if he didnt show Rossi up, wasnt as quick as he is and lied about everything he would have been loved.

The only thing that will save Motogp is Rossi teaming up with One Direction, both have no real talent yet both are loved by those who know no better.

And dont bother bringing up Rossi's 9 WC, he had no competition till Stoner and Lorenzo came along and both smashed him back to the mid field rider he really is.

8=> - Unregistered

May 19, 2012 6:51 AM

When you think of wasted talent in sport, Stoner not riding anymore would have to rank pretty high up that list.

Anyway, the Spanish/Italian media, Euro fans, Brit fans and Rossi boppers have got what they wanted I guess. I'm sure they're rejoicing in the fact that Motogp will be even more mediocre without Stoner's presence.

Bruisa2

May 19, 2012 7:06 AM

Casey I formally apologize on behalf of the eurocrap fanboys and media. As for the rest of the world we all absolutely love you and your straight up kick ass attitude. Please continue on the sport needs you and we need you. Maybe this might help caramello realism how he's fkd it all up and instead of trying to make it the euro championship with his best mate flossi he will expand it to the world like he should have always. Then they wouldn't be feeling the euro crash so hard. Maybe stoner will change his mind ?

Hamlet - Unregistered

May 19, 2012 7:19 AM

Just been listing the Euro sport commentary on FP2, and they and love to talk about the livery colours, and helmet designs, and they say Casey is a boring racer. Guys look in the mirror and you will see boring.

who said that - Unregistered

May 19, 2012 7:21 AM

Casey is a funny guy and i wouldnt mind betting he thinks his manager (his dad) should earn his pay.

Its been nearly 48 hrs since his announcement and I would think he would have fielded calls from every bike manufacturer including moto X and WSBK, he might even gets some sleep in another couple days

I can't understand why casey's fans keep thinking Stoners retiring is Rossi's fault or the fault of Rossi fans. Makes casey seem a little weak.

I also don't get why Podster etc think its only rossi fans that dont like casey stoner. I know my mates that don't follow motogp that much say they just dont like casey for different reasons and they arent rossi fans.

who said that

May 19, 2012 7:52 AM

all you people have got it all wrong
honestly
we dont care what you fanboys think, facts are Casey is the most superior rider of the modern times end of subject.

The only real question is that casey was born in Kurri Kurri NSW but raised in Southport Queensland so is he a "Blue" or a "Maroon"????

Go the Queenslanders