MotoGP » Stoner: A weight off my shoulders

“After yesterday's announcement, I definitely felt a weight off my shoulders when I got on the bike this morning” – Casey Stoner.

Foregone Conclusion - Unregistered

May 18, 2012 6:36 PM

Now here's a thought!
Retire, take a years sabatical just to give everybody else a chance to catch up, hop on a Yamaha or, dare I suggest, a vacant Ducati and take another WC just for the fun of it.- You know it could happen!
Discuss

why casey? why!? - Unregistered

May 18, 2012 6:57 PM

this guy is so good hes trying to create chatter!! WTF!! must be saying " hmm well gotta make it harder for myself, i mean its not like Jorge and Dani are giving me much of a fight" Casey you rock!

Southerner

May 18, 2012 7:14 PM

Judging by his race pace the weight off his shoulders following the announcement is compensating for weight lumbered on the HRC bike after Dorna pushed the idiotic ruling through.
Where the hell is Ezpeleta's take on this anyway. Surely as CEO of Dorna sports he can go public with a statement. I guess his b*lls are still smarting. Stoner sure kicked them good and hard. As for CRT.
Why is Petruci's Aprilia engined bike still 15km/hr slower than the ART bikes at a go cart track like Le Mans. Come on Aprilia,give the Italian something. The bloke is riding his nuts off and every race someting like 40km/hr deficit through the speed traps compared to prototypes and the usual 15 to 20 off other CRT bikes. Crikey ! At least give him one of Max's junked engines,they are way faster. Confusion.
No wonder Casey timeously calls it a day.

not_a_rossi_fan - Unregistered

May 18, 2012 7:22 PM

Wow, he announces hes fed up with his career choice and that hes going to quit then decides to try and help fix a bikes problems.
First time for everything i guess, because hes so fookin fast that in the past he cba to fix the bike and just rides around everything, and that is why the ducati ended up in such a state when he left.

MAAAAAYBE he'd get more satisfaction from his job if he actually tried to develop a bike rather than ride it into the ground every week and ignore the problems.

Hes definatly the fastest guy on the grid by a long way .

Ill miss his talent but i won't miss his attitude or personality.

p.s im not a rossi fan, im just a bikesport fan and its a sad loss for our sport.

Mack_the_Knife

May 18, 2012 7:32 PM

I'm not at all surprised that Casey is quitting the sport. He has achieved everything that he set out to achieve. He has always said he will not hang around for long. Casey is basically an Aussie farmer who wants to return to his ranch and work the land. I'm sure he will race in Australia in some form or other but I doubt he will want to return to a world championship that would take him away from home again. I'm delighted that I have had the opportunity to meet him and to watch his riding skills. Quite simply the best rider I have ever seen.

#46Renovation - Unregistered

May 18, 2012 7:49 PM

@crash.net, come on, be consistent! I have had much milder comments about #46 than those about Stoner above by "not a rossi fan" removed. I am actually a Rossi fan, but how can such downright abusive language about Casey be allowed to stand?!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »