MotoGP » Le Mans masterclass from Lorenzo

LA-Xstream - Unregistered

May 20, 2012 6:02 PM

Casey has just reportedly said this in 'La Gazetta dello Sport': ""I'm sure there will be other opportunities to have more battles like this before the end of the season. Then my life will take a new direction. I won't be taking anyone with me because I want to follow a different path, we'll see what happens. If we're talking about friendship, this year I've had correct relations with everyone but these were purely professional. However there is someone for whom I do not have much respect and that's one of the reasons I want to leave this sport."

Anyone know who it is?....

hoppy

May 20, 2012 6:03 PM

This was a masterclass of precision wet weather riding from Jorge today.He was totally unruffled,even when Casey started to eat into his lead at half distance.He just responded with a display of super smooth laps that noone else had an answer to.Great win.Made to look easy.

SpeedyBB. - Unregistered

May 20, 2012 6:03 PM

Now here's the chosen quote from Crash.net, regarding the event:

""The whole race was a challenge and especially when Casey was catching me" - Casey Stoner."

You see, it's just like we've always said, Stoner's greatest adversary is Stoner. Though from all accounts he's not exactly like the stoners we see in the park, gazing at the flowers.

1050cc - Unregistered

May 20, 2012 6:08 PM

Poor old Jorge. He rode a BRILLIANT race today and unlike Stoner, enjoys the spotlight.

Such a shame that after such a great ride he's hardly being mentioned, even on a story about him!

Great ride Jorge, pure class!

JB - Unregistered

May 20, 2012 6:22 PM

wonder how long before we hear an announcement that Spies will be cut from the factory team, before the summer break?

his performance thus far has been a huge disappointment to say the least, even the satellite tech 3 guys are pushing harder.

JB - Unregistered

May 20, 2012 6:28 PM

@ NigolT

the Ducati does not love the rain, just that Rossi can push a bit harder without fear that he will crash unlike the other riders. If you take a look at the results of the other Duc riders they are the same as always.

keefypee - Unregistered

May 20, 2012 6:33 PM

Three times this year, I have sat down to watch a MotoGP 'race'. Each time, I have missed laps due to falling asleep, then had to watch it again later!
Something has to be done to make these events more exciting. This is just me talking as a fan. Imagine if I was sponsoring Jorge, just to never even see my company name on TV! I know it's been said already, but just compare MotoGp with WSBK or BSB......& you get two races each event!

Sillius Sodus - Unregistered

May 20, 2012 6:35 PM

MEANWHILE ...........

Ellison bringing in the dodgy wreck he's been dealt as number 1 CRT bike when conditions evened up the performance deficits answered another question

- What sort of bird is the bird?

- Evidently a Cock.

Pizdoff - Unregistered

May 20, 2012 6:40 PM

To be fair Keefypee THAT was the first Moto GP race this season where I WASN'T having to prod myself awake every so often.

There was a lot of very skillful hard fought riding out there today.

The only unprofessional performances were from the BBC - With Matt Roberts and Assi both letting their gobs run off with results from Moto 2 & 3 races.

Again.