MotoGP » More race misery for 'blind' Ben Spies

"I couldn't see anything and decided to come in because I need to see where I am going" – Ben Spies.

justforfun - Unregistered

May 22, 2012 6:08 AM

I know Ben can ride better than this and I have no more words to say.

I do know that when Ben/Yanks struggles all the 10 year old Brits come out with a bang! You know who you are.

mark - Unregistered

May 22, 2012 11:53 AM

'rest assured, spies does NOT lack in confidence. if he lacks confidence in anything, it's in the support he's being given, but NEVER in himself.'

Nope... Spies has for all practical purposes said straight out he is having confidence issues now. Just have to read the Yamaha post race press releases.

RocketR1

May 22, 2012 8:52 PM

Its been a nightmare thus far, Terrible luck/Terible work by his team and no motivation by Ben himself,He has never gotten good starts but always found away to get through the field and into the top 5,This season he just seems disinterested or there is a conflict inside the garage.The yamaha's have a decent package as the Tech 3 and Jorge have been showing us how competitive they are,i really thought Spies would be right up there but so far i've been dead wrong.Hope he can turn it around because theres alot of hungry riders waiting for a seat at factory Yamaha..Bradl being the most interesting one in my opinion.

Grandissimus - Unregistered

May 22, 2012 10:18 PM

IMHO entirely. With Stoner gone Honda will want to fortify its ranks and Marquez cannot get there soon enough for Repsol. So Honda will logically first look to their Satellite squads and that leaves Bautista and Bradl to partner Pedrosa for one year! That would free up a satellite Honda for Marquez to cut his teeth on! The other option is Honda thumbs its nose at the current satellite riders and seeks a veteran from one of the other factory teams. Rossi and Lorenzo are surely at the top of that list. I would also say Spies but at the moment that would just upset the natives so I will leave him out of the factory shuffle for now. Then you look at Yamaha who'll want to retain Lorenzo for certain, but can they afford him? Honda would surely throw some coin at him to make an all-Spanish Repsol squad! And what of Spies? On his current form his seat is ripe for the taking. But from whom? Cal is showing great form at the moment. Dovi would dearly love another factory ride, though he may be se

Grandissimus - Unregistered

May 22, 2012 10:19 PM

cont.seen as a bit of a one trick pony by the factory and let's face it, his charisma level is a factor when shopping for sponsors. My money would be on Ben to right the ship and retain his seat and make Yamaha US a little happier. Then you Have Ducati/Audi/Philip Morris. Even as bad as this season has gone they will be eager to retain the services of Rossi for as long as he stays in the sport. Hayden is on pretty good form and a marketing force for Ducati so I would assume his seat is safe as well. But if Rossi were to go, then who to replace him with? Barbera and Abraham would both love to have that seat, but frankly the skills are just not there. So how about Dovi to Ducati? The Italian connection works and should his dream ride at Yamaha not pan out I wouldn't rule this one out. Either he or Cal (maybe both) will still be at Tech3 next year unless Spies gets demoted back there to partner Smith. The Smith deal is just not worth talking about. So then there's the elephant in the corn

Grandissimus - Unregistered

May 22, 2012 10:20 PM

CONT.
corner. Marquez is coming and that means someone has either got to grow or someone has to go. If it is the first option then I could see Gresini adding a second Sat bike for him. If it is the latter it means that Honda has gone after some factory level talent and a talented Honda Sat rider is shopping for a new seat.

ffs - Unregistered

May 23, 2012 1:18 AM

I really like Ben, he seems like a good bloke, polite. I feel very sorry for him because I cant imagine the pressure he would be feeling.

On a half serious note I blame his push bike riding for all his problems. Fking bicycles hate em.

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »